First Reno (now what)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Reno (now what)

We were at the airport ready to go in 2001 when all air travel was canceled. We finally made it out Tuesday night this year. What a tragic week.... Anyone know about a schedule for tomorrow? Understand either way, but I have gone thru the night and raced on a circle track after a freind was killed earlier in the night. I talked to one racer today and to say the least his mood was somber.

Tom DeGroodt

Re: First Reno (now what)

the show is scheduald to go on tomorrow as planned.
    If you can make it, go.

They all voted to continue the races. They voted for the races for 3 reasons. not in any piticular order

1, the love of flying, and the sport.

2, to honor the lives lost this week and in the past.

3, for the fans.

If you dont go because of the tragic events of this week, it will defeet the purpous of them continuing the show.
    Go out there and support the pilots, and hlep them honor the memory of those lost.

Wolfee

Comment

Re: First Reno (now what)

Thanks Wolfee,

We will be there, All of the pilots are pro's. I was more worried about the goverment. There is nothing like racing. The first time my wife saw me before a race she asked if i was OK. Thought I was having a heart attack or something. I just told her it was part of the deal. Your stomach is in knots, your heart is going and yes you are smiling ear to ear.

TD

Comment

Working...
      X