Sad Week, Sad year, My thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Week, Sad year, My thoughts

I Can't wait for this whole year to end. We have lost many great pilots and even greater people this year due to plane crashes. I know they were doing what they loved and By all means I believe they would want the races to continue but I'm sure most of the pilots if not all are ready to go home. My prayers go out the all the families involved this week, and all who have lost there lifes showing us what they loved to do throughout the year.

I would like to thank RARA for what they have done and with the loss of lifes this week, I would say they have had a tuff week and a even tuffer job on their hands.

I would also like to thank all the pilots for what they do and what they put on the line (airshows & Airraces). The pilots probably don't look at it this way but they are all Hero's. So many little kids I have seen at Airshows and Airraces say I want to be a pilot like him, or I want to race airplanes like them. The love aviations spreads at all the airports around the world and that wouldn't be possible without the pilots.

To the families of all involved in this weeks accidents I am deeply Sorry for your loss and our prayers are with you all. I would also like to thank you for sharing those who have been lost with us.

Wayne please feel free to erase this if I have crossed the line anywhere
    W.Hughes

Re: Sad Week, Sad year, My thoughts

Originally posted by RRMERLIN7
    Wayne please feel free to erase this if I have crossed the line anywhere
    No lines crossed! Very elequent expression of your feelings and I think everyone will appreciate them completely!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I Can't wait for this whole year to end. We have lost many great pilots and even greater people this year due to plane crashes. I know they were doing what they loved and By all means I believe they would want the races to continue but I'm sure most of the pilots if not all are ready to go home. My prayers go out the all the families involved this week, and all who have lost there lifes showing us what they loved to do throughout the year.

I would like to thank RARA for what they have done and with the loss of lifes this week, I would say they have had a tuff week and a even tuffer job on their hands.

I would also like to thank all the pilots for what they do and what they put on the line (airshows & Airraces). The pilots probably don't look at it this way but they are all Hero's. So many little kids I have seen at Airshows and Airraces say I want to be a pilot like him, or I want to race airplanes like them. The love aviations spreads at all the airports around the world and that wouldn't be possible without the pilots.

To the families of all involved in this weeks accidents I am deeply Sorry for your loss and our prayers are with you all. I would also like to thank you for sharing those who have been lost with us.

AMEN!

I dont think it could have been said any better.
      Thank you.

Comment

I 100% agree

Comment

Well said. You probably expressed that better than most of us could. I'm stunned and at a loss for words. I didn't know any of the pilots personally, but as a fan I feel a terrible loss. I can only imagine how their family and friends feel. My heart goes out to them all.
          Mike S
          www.indyairshow.com
          www.indytransponder.com

Comment

This is truly a week of loss and yet, in another way a week of celebration. A celebration of whatever it is about the dream of flight that makes us want to fly higher, faster and do things no other pilot can do. To push pilot and machine beyond the edge.

These days for many people flying has become something taken for granted. Airplanes so common that most people wouldn't even look up to watch one. For a week in Reno that all changes. We are taken back to the days of excitement and wonder. We see flight as a source of wonder again. It becomes for those that participate as spectators or pilots new, exciting and unknown.

For the pilots in particular they are given an opportunity to join all the pioneers of flight that came before to push past the edge. To be faster than last year. To fly the course that much better. To test their latest engineering ideas against the best. Or best yet, at the end to be "the fastest pilot".

Ask any one of them and they will tell you there is no place they'd rather be. We all share one certainty, someday our number will come up. The pilots we have lost might just as easily been run over by a truck in a crosswalk. Instead they went out doing what they loved. We should all be so lucky.

Those we have lost will always be in my heart for their spirit and passion and I thank everyone that keeps this race alive. You helped them live their dream and in my mind they left as heros all.

Tonight I will find a quiet place to toast the heros we have lost and all those that remain behind to keep the dream alive.

Michele

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl
              This is truly a week of loss and yet, in another way a week of celebration. A celebration of whatever it is about the dream of flight that makes us want to fly higher, faster and do things no other pilot can do. To push pilot and machine beyond the edge.

These days for many people flying has become something taken for granted. Airplanes so common that most people wouldn't even look up to watch one. For a week in Reno that all changes. We are taken back to the days of excitement and wonder. We see flight as a source of wonder again. It becomes for those that participate as spectators or pilots new, exciting and unknown.

For the pilots in particular they are given an opportunity to join all the pioneers of flight that came before to push past the edge. To be faster than last year. To fly the course that much better. To test their latest engineering ideas against the best. Or best yet, at the end to be "the fastest pilot".

Ask any one of them and they will tell you there is no place they'd rather be. We all share one certainty, someday our number will come up. The pilots we have lost might just as easily been run over by a truck in a crosswalk. Instead they went out doing what they loved. We should all be so lucky.

Those we have lost will always be in my heart for their spirit and passion and I thank everyone that keeps this race alive. You helped them live their dream and in my mind they left as heros all.

Tonight I will find a quiet place to toast the heros we have lost and all those that remain behind to keep the dream alive.

Michele
              You said that very well.
              Cheers

Comment

Michele -

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts...you have perfectly captured why I attend the Reno air races each year, and why I will continue to do so as long as I am able. It is indeed to feel the "excitement and wonder" of planes at speed and pilots doing what they so very obviously love to do.

My sincerest condolences to the families and friends of all whom we've lost this week...and CAVU forever to the pilots...
                Mark Johnson
                Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Has RARA made a decision on the rest of the weekend yet?

Comment

The Rhino Camp has lost a good friend and pilot with Gary. He flew Rhino's birds for many years racing, ferrying and flight testing as well. A wonderfull man with so much skill and yet you never knew he was one of the best by his attitude. He was in our pits usually at the end of the day after racing his formula racer watching the Unlimited heats. I know with Rhino loosing two good friends within a couple of months it has to be incredibly tough for him as well as the family.

I usually lurked within brother Rhino's pits taking pictures and this is the way I shall remember Gary. Family man and air racer...

I am sure the memorial will be posted here as soon as the plans are known by us.
                    Attached Files
                    Randy Rheinschild
                    www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Michele
                      Thank you...RB

Comment

Well said, RRMERLIN7. Well said. Bless you.

Comment

Michele
                          Perfectly Said

Comment

I will never forget. These boys and girsl hang it all on the line every year. They know what it's about and they know what's at stake. This to me is what makes a truly special individual. Gods among men. To go out against the odds and give it 110%, well, that's more than all but a very special few go out do. Thank you to all of them for showing me what it means to live. Truly live. I will never forget.
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

RRMERLIN7 and spacegrrrl, thank you for expressing yourselves so eloquently at this sad, sad time. I feel much the same. May the races end with a safe two days.

Comment

Working...
                              X