jet class crash???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet class crash???

A friend got a call about a jet class racer that just went down - any info?

Re: jet class crash???

Aircraft confirmed down and CFR are on scene. Please refrain from posting any info until RARA releases information.

Definitely not a good day.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing
      A friend got a call about a jet class racer that just went down - any info?
      Yes a jet just crashed no word yet on who it was yet. Ut was definetly fatal

Comment

My dad just called me and told me about.......shocking. My prayers are with the pilots family and crew.

Comment

Why don't you guys just shut up!
          Like Mluvara said, keep it quiet until someone "official" issues a statement.
          The members of this board, of all people, should be the ones to respect this information.
          Sorry, it pisses me off...
          ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

Lighten up a bit please, a4gturn.

As long as nobody is trying to draw their own conclusions without having proper info first, it's OK to speak about it, especially when someone is offering condolences and prayers of hope to those immediately involved. -

This has to be one of the worst years ever for airshows and air races. So many people (and aircraft) lost.

It's not RARA, but the local paper has posted their first article.

REST ASSURED, no speculation or assumptions are made in the article, so it should be OK to post.

I'm posting this from my bed at home, since I was too ill to make the trip this year, so please keep us armchair-spectators informed of any further "official" info. A total "shaddup about it!" blackout of any news is not necessary.

Comment

RIP Brad Morehouse

One thing that really ticked me off is that KRNV was showing a shot of race 2 on their website. Imagine if the pilots family would have thought that was him.

Comment

I will agree with you on the KRNV reports...especially when they mentioned it was a red plane also. As someone who knew someone flying in the race it was an anxious few hours to say the least made no better by the KRNV "reports"

Prayers go out for everyone so closely involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash
                  I saw one site that had a picture of a different jet and one that had a picture of Czech Mate? The media like to sensationalize events.
                  KRNV had the picture of the Red L-39 Race 2 Pip Squeak, KTVN had the picture of Czech Mate. I think that was more of a photo just to show it was the races.

Comment

I think one of the TV news stations even have a picture of a model of an L-39.

Has there been a RARA press release yet (and where would you find such a thing?)

Sad news,

Michele

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl
                      I think one of the TV news stations even have a picture of a model of an L-39.

Has there been a RARA press release yet (and where would you find such a thing?)

Sad news,

Michele
                      I have not seen a press release yet, but they had a news conference at 4:15 where they identified the plane and pilot.

Comment

Comment

I was sitting in the grand stands at the time, watched the T-33 out in front pass up the home pylon only to watch the black L-29 pull up high, turn to look; then out the corner of my eye the two L-39s (#4 Brad Morehouse,and another jet come around the last turn full bore.) the pull up their wings touch(?) and Morehouse flips over and turns upside down before nosing into the ground.

I rewatched video taken by a friend several times, it is unclear if the two L-39s tapped wings or if Morehouse overcorrected.

Comment

The local media did predictably botch the coverage... Just watched the local newscast and they noted that races were cancelled for the rest of the day, which is inaccurate. The final unlimited (silver) race went on as scheduled. We eyewitnessed the crash, and it was horribly spectacular. For better or worse, I am certain video will surface shortly as it happened directly in front of the stands.

For most of the afternoon, they ran a 'pilot condition unknown' tag, which sadly was hopelessly optimistic. A very sad day indeed. Blue skies Mr. Morehouse.

-Mosquito

Comment

I haven't seen the local media coverage of the accident, but I was an eyewitness. It was a horrific accident, one of the worst I've ever seen. I was looking at the accident airplane as it came around the pylons onto the home straight.

What I saw I don't care to recount here and now, nor will I discuss what I believe precipitated the accident. I strongly suspect that there is sufficient video footage for the NTSB to find the cause or causes.

My deepest and most sincere prayers go to the pilot, the family of the pilot, the race teams and friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X