What happened to Furias in the Gold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Furias in the Gold?

What happened? I don't want to speculate, but was a protest lodged from within the gold class by a pilot or two? I really wanted to see if Art would lean on it a little bit more.

Congratulations to the crew on a great showing for Furias!

Later

Rob J.

If one noticed the interesting first lap in the silver race, that's where things started. There were a lot of cuts during the race (most on the first lap) and some protests after the race which led to the contest committee meeting just prior to the gold race. The radio chatter was crazy to listen to.

Michael

Comment

Why didn't he race

Can anyone explain why a race protest prevents Furias from running in the Gold? I was standing next to the Precious Metal pilot later on Sunday when someone commented to him that he was the winner - but there was a protest in and that he should also get his in. Sounds confusing - after a race - they know the number of cuts - so when do they let him line up but not race?

Comment

Re: Why didn't he race

Originally posted by pappygt
        Can anyone explain why a race protest prevents Furias from running in the Gold? I was standing next to the Precious Metal pilot later on Sunday when someone commented to him that he was the winner - but there was a protest in and that he should also get his in. Sounds confusing - after a race - they know the number of cuts - so when do they let him line up but not race?
        The winner of the Silver Race bumps to Gold if they want. Furias placed 4th based on all the cuts (lots of them) I thought Precious Metal should have been the winner but by going to the URL below I found ol' #38 had lots of cuts too. Guess it took a while to figure out who really won so there was the disconnect in allowing Furias to line up at the intro.

I guess other teams were just venting because the 4th place plane was at first allowed to bump up....

Oh well....Go Rare Bear!!!!

Don Hatten
        Rare Bear Fan Sponsor (and will be again in '03)

Comment

Why Furias Didn't Fly in the Gold

Sorry for reposting Dan Hattens response. I was trying to quote his response and messed up. Anyway...let me explain what we were trying to do Sunday. Our goal was to win the Silver, do the hot turn and bump up into the Gold. When Art landed we knew we had some pylon cuts, but not how many or how many everyone else had, so we pressed on and accomplished the hot turn and positioned the a/c at the grand stands. We didn't know we weren't racing until Art taxied back to the pits.
          SteveB
          Race 15
          Size Matters

Comment

Steve,

Us fans in the stands had no clue there were so many cuts by so many planes. The announcers said Furias had 2 cuts, Argonaut had 1 and nothing else. All the people in my box were listening for times and doing the calculations and one guy is saying Furias' cuts don't matter because the trailing planes were so far behind.

I thought Precious Metal was the winner but it would be close. Didn't know #38 cut, too.

When Furias taxied up for the intro, we all figured the point was moot and let's go racing! Then the protest calls came in. Was Furias in or out?

Lots of confusion and some disappointed fans when Furias couldn't join in.

As with Rare Bear, there's always next year.

Round engines rule and in-lines drool.

PS: heard rumors of a paint job change...Don't do it!!!

Comment

Working...
            X