Biplane down 09/11/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biplane down 09/11/07

KOLO and KTVN reported tonight that a biplane pilot was lost late today when his plane crashed on the runway at Stead. No further details were provided.

Hearts go out to family and friends.
    Last edited by RandyGoss75; 09-21-2007, 08:20 AM.

Re: Biplane down

Yeap, I had a bad feeling when KTVN had breaking news when they said it was at the races I had a feeling something bad happened

RIP

Comment

This is really sad to hear. My heart goes out to the family of the pilot. I pray there are no more accidents this year.
      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Bummer.. as always, let's keep names out of this if anyone winds up knowing who it was..

Let's let the official notification process work before any discussion..

Thanks
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

This is the information provided on KTVN...

WRL

Comment

Reno Gazette releases identity:

Folks, lets pray for the family please.

This is a true tragedy.

Five-one out

Comment

I knew who it was as soon as I saw what plane it was and looked at the program, still very sad

Let's carry on and keep going as any of the pilots would want.

Comment

Prayers to all the family & those involved with the race plane.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Tuesday morning I poked my head into a hanger and saw this biplane, it had an unducted fan prop on it. I talked with the owner for a while, he was a really nice but very very busy man, they spent untold hours preparing this plane for a qualifying run on wed morning. I will post a pic of this plane and its exoctic prop. This year had some of the best racing and some of the worst moments I have ever seen.

Bob

Comment

OK folks, if this thread is gonna stay alive, it's time to change the Subject title so we don't have multiple heart attacks. Thanks.
                    _________
                    -Matt
                    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
                      OK folks, if this thread is gonna stay alive, it's time to change the Subject title so we don't have multiple heart attacks. Thanks.
                      +100000000000000000000000000000000000

Comment

Could someone elaborate on the very unwelcome comments from Frank Kingston-Smith? He said several times that the pilot was asked not to fly but did anyway. Finally on Sunday he described the pilot as having made a mess of the airfield.
                        It seemed toi all of us wildly inappropriate and insensitive, I'm wondering what wound FKS up so badly?

Chris

Comment

I too heard these comments from the announcer on Sunday and was puzzled by them, they seemed rather adversarial. Would like to know the whole story about this.

Comment

Our thoughts exactly. Very insensitive and inconsiderate of the families!!!
                            My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris300s
                              Finally on Sunday he described the pilot as having made a mess of the airfield.
                              It seemed toi all of us wildly inappropriate and insensitive, I'm wondering what wound FKS up so badly?

Chris
                              I think his exact quote was : "Made a mess on the runway." This isn't the first time "Big Voice" has been - how shall I say this - "indelicate" in his speech.

I realize these guys are paid to talk, but sometimes they really need to put a sock in it.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X