NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT

Relentless qualified at 378.289... Nice to see a NXT streaching it's legs...

Re: NXT

Nemesis "390 plus" during practice... from http://www.nemesisnxt.com

Comment

Whoa... not only is that the Qual record by a long ways, but it also beats 11 unlimiteds and even some jets! On the other hand, Nemesis hasn't qualified yet, so who knows. Either way, it's going to be a battle of the NXT's.

Comment

Welcome to the future of air racing, boys and girls. I wonder when one of these guys will enter the Unlimited class?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
          Welcome to the future of air racing, boys and girls. I wonder when one of these guys will enter the Unlimited class?

Never. RARA instated a minimum weight for the unlimiteds, and the sport class birds are several thousand pounds too light.

Comment

The prop wash from the Unlimiteds would probably play hell on flying a small sports class plane out on the track in a race. Seems pretty unsafe.
            My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Hey guys (gals) it time to spice things up..... mickey fin race control to go to zzzzzzzzzzzzz and get the sports guys to hot lap it with the big boys.

boot leg lives on !!!!!!!!!! rules are made to be broken

Bmarsh

Comment

Nemesis new qualification record... 386.904

Comment

I can't wait to see an NXT show up with a TIO-800, the old 8-cyl. Lyc 720 bored and stroked to 800 cubes and pumped up with turbos...
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                    I can't wait to see an NXT show up with a TIO-800, the old 8-cyl. Lyc 720 bored and stroked to 800 cubes and pumped up with turbos...
                    Myself as well Peas. That mock-up last year at the Lyc booth was one mean mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash
                      Can't wait to see a single seater (read: reduced frontal area) show up with a 12 cylinder diesel! Would be even cooler if they were running it on bio diesel and still spanking the competition now wouldn't it?
                      RARA would like it...at least their vendors....
                      "Dammit..I smell french fries...I gotta' get sumpin' ta' eat!!!!"
                      Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB
                        You beat me to the punch -- was gonna say, "Want fries wit' dat?" Or you could call Aero Chia and say "Super-Size mine!"
                        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB

Having now smelled a good bit of Biodiesel exhaust, I have to say its smells more like a mix of Chinese stir-fry and Cox model airplane exhaust (castor oil).

I'm not kidding, and its not particularly appetizing either.... :P

Comment

Book values show biodiesel has a lower energy density than petroleum diesel by about 10% -- ya gotta burn (and carry) 10% more fuel to get the same amount of power. But the exhaust will be cleaner and smell better.

I have been running biodiesel in my 2001 Jetta TDI for the last 50K miles. Works great, engine is smoother than on petroleum diesel and I really dont eat any more french fries than I used to. 41mpg on bio with my heavy foot on the throttle all the time. I get about 45 mpg when I run petrodiesel -- there's your 10% difference in reality.

Downside of straight biodiesel as an airplane fuel is it starts to gel below freezing -- parrafin like stuff comes out of solution and clogs the fuel filter. Bummer in a car, BIG bummer in an airplane. Blends do better in the cold.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                            X