FLYINWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLYINWR

I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who has made this site available. As one who has been involved in aviation for nearly sixty years and air racing since the first race down at Bill Steads Sky Ranch in what is now Spanish Springs, you can imagine how both me and my wife felt when just days before the 36th Reno Air Race, a series of tragedies befell myself, my wife and her family, all literally within hours of each other. These events have precluded us from attending Reno or any other event since and has left an empty place in our hearts. Living on our ranch which is only a few miles from Stead, we can actually hear the planes when the conditions are right. Now, with this wonderful web site we are able to once again enjoy the magic of the races and hear about many of our acquaintences in the racing fraternity. This site is extremely well laid out, easy to navigate even for a computer clutz like me, is accurate and factual (something which the general local media is not)and is written in a language that "airplane people" can understand. I must also say that without exception, the photographs presented here are absolute world class and I would defy anyone to find anything better anywhere.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all those who have obviously worked so hard to make this site what it is and thank you for making this old man's day.

Jerry Williams, Palomino Valley, NV

This Bird's For You...

On future air to air missions, we'll try to slip up to the Palomino Valley so you can watch us work. In the meantime, to coin an advertising cliche, this bird's for you!:
    Attached Files

Comment

The Bird

GG you are the only person on earth that could "give me the bird" and make me say thank you! Thanks a million!

Comment

Working...
      X