Jet, 502.172

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet, 502.172

That Buckeye is cooking! Can't wait til the T-33 goes out.

Re: Jet, 502.172

Wow!

What's the over-under on the T-33 being able to take him??

Please join me to summons the spirit of Kelly Johnson!

_________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

www.warbirdalley.com has the top speed of the T-33, 79 mph faster than the Buckeye, I'm betting that the T-33 will take him.

Comment

The REAL jet class has finally arrived! I'm guessing the Buckeye is faster down low based on some comments I heard from people I know that flew T-33s a lot but who knows. All I can say is woot!

Michele

Comment

Rara has Viper [race 77] an L-29 Delfin at 488.237,,,, now come on, http://www.warbirdalley.com/ has the L-29s top speed at 407 mph,,, what's up with that?

Comment

Lockheed had a modified XP80R named "Racey" that did 623.8 with a modified 4600 lb water-alcohol injected engine.[6/19/1947] The last productin model[F80C] turned 580mph @ 7,000ft.
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan
              Rara has Viper [race 77] an L-29 Delfin at 488.237,,,, now come on, http://www.warbirdalley.com/ has the L-29s top speed at 407 mph,,, what's up with that?
              Viper isn't running the stock engine.

I think this year's Jet Race will be great now that they've started modifying them.

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan

I don't think that L29 is stock. Supposedly it has had a motor swap of some kind and was hand timed at like 510 yesterday.

Comment

remember guys this is closed course racing. The speeds will be faster because they get the speeds by the distance of the course and the time it took to get around the course.

Like in Nascar the lap speeds are sometimes 192.164mPh but they may only be a 192 for a second or two.. I may be stupid but... I think thats how it works. So a plane may be faster than what it seems.
                  W.Hughes

Comment

Actually, the real speeds would be faster, because more than likely they are flying a longer course than what is measured on the speed sheet.

Comment

I do not like the lets to much because i come out there to see prop planes

Comment

Holly crap! I just saw the RARA quali sheet for the jets today. The L-29 went 517 and change! Good for second place? The pole speed is a smoking 525 from the T-33. I normally pay no attention to the suck and blows, but this year will be kinda cool!

Comment

Is it the L-39 that John Penney flew (flys?).

Comment

Dang , someone stepped that L-39 up. Pip Squeak absolutely ran off from the field last year.

Comment

Working...
                            X