Rare Bear - New Look - Tuesday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear - New Look - Tuesday!

What this crew has accomplished in SUCH a short time is truly amazing!

Now, to put a bit of sweet frosting on the cake, in the photo below, Lane Walker can be seen adding a bit of "detail" to the Bear's new skinning!

If you're there tomorrow (tuesday) AM, you'll see his handywork in person... (probably still there at this hour finishing!)

Remember back to '02? When John got her fired up and taxiied up for a bit of a "we're here, we'll be back" showing...

My, how things have changed!

Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Rare Bear - New Look - Tuesday!

Friggn Awsome !!!

GO BEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

awesome photo Wayne, isnt great to see a real skill being displayed, that is a true signwriter, none of the print it out on computer on vinyl stickers and puting stickers on an airplane.
      race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but here goes.

Cheers
        Gerry
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by G. van Dyk
          I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but here goes.

You might be the first.. Lonnie was unable to get out there, I had to get Beer Nazi at the airport and as soon as I could get there, they were landing and had the cowls off before I could get to her..

Nice work!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Not a fan of the orange bear paw. The color doesn't complement the rest of the paint scheme. But thats just me..... But I LOVE the Bear and it's gonna be exciting to see er' in top condition again.

P.s. I miss the contrasting paint of the front of the bear. The gold that it had on the front cowling before made it look beefier. Again. thats just me.
            My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

The new colors look great... Now, paint the name on top & bottom of wings like the RB-51 "Red Baron" did ........................

Comment

I think one fact has been well established = Bear is the crowd favorite.

... now if you will excuse me I have a plane to catch (KPHX D-> KRNO)
                Tom Johnson,
                Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
                www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

Interesting to see Stu Dawson's name below the canopy in addition to John Penney. Maybe it'd been mentioned before, but I missed it until the photo of the bear paw.

Comment

It was written about on the RareBear website that Mr. Dawson would pilot RareBear also.

Comment

BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS of the exhaust fairing..... noticed a big difference.

anyone have a good shot othe the old metal work around the ex stacks for a lower drag deal??

Bmarsh

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER
                        Not a fan of the orange bear paw. The color doesn't complement the rest of the paint scheme. But thats just me..... But I LOVE the Bear and it's gonna be exciting to see er' in top condition again.

P.s. I miss the contrasting paint of the front of the bear. The gold that it had on the front cowling before made it look beefier. Again. thats just me.
                        I'm with you. I am sorry if this offends, and I will censor myself from what I'd really like to say by just saying I don't like it at all.

John

Comment

I agree. I'll love watching the bear as always - she's always my #1.

But, I would like to see more detail on that paint scheme, and like you say, loved that gold on the cowling!
                          Right now it looks like she flew through a giant purple kelp forest!

Comment

Hey..... i dont like purple on anything, but

race 77 seems always purple.... with its provenance being its history... purple is very cool.

THE PURPLE MUSTANG EATER... LA, LA, LA

Bmarsh

Comment

dah bear 2nd

Comment

Working...
                              X