Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday

What a day!

After many many long nights and days burning the midnight oil, the Bear Crew were finally smiling after flight! "They're good, real good" said Dave Cornell of his crew as he walked around Rare Bear liking what he was seeing reading the oil streaks.. (what little of them there were!)

Mike Brown's crew, on the other hand, *seemed* to be chasing gremlins.. "everything's great" said our good friend Bill Kerchenfaut (he ain't gonna tell me nuttin!) But when they had flown earlier, Mike, apparently, had a problem and wanted to land NOW.. which was made almost impossible, as there were two mustangs positioned on runway 8 and Howard Pardue was on 32 after having maydayed with, what we were told later, was a carb problem..

Mike Keenum pulled off the course after Race Control notified him he had an inner gear door flapping in the breeze... "It was just waving to everyone" he said later... Apparently, a non-issue as they were flying again later with no obvious problems..

Stu Eberhart showed us one of the smoothest Mustang landings I've ever seen! He is an extremely talented pilot!

Jimmy Leeward flew in late from Hollister sporting a freshly buffed finish on Cloud Dancer.. Looking VERY good!

Robert Odegaard started out near the end of the Unlimited practice session but was too late and returned to the pits before ever taking the runway...

John Penney took Bear up for what was to be just some orbits high overhead but was allowed on the course for 3 laps after the Jets' finished early..

Late night run with SeptFury did not sound good.... Wish them all the luck and hope whatever problem they "don't" have can be cured and they get HOT on the course...

Was beside Victor for the engine run shot, did not have my flash handy so did a long exposure, high ISO shot..

Fun.. but I learned, never lay down when you have an open beer in your pocket!

"Hummn... asphalt is really cold"... NOT!!

Smokey conditions made for some interesting lighting effects.. used a polarizer on the 200-400 for the long shots.. seemed to help a bit after some post color correction..

Griffon Girl is out at the field now, I've stayed at the hotel, so far, today to catch up on downloading images and providing a few here.. We'll try to take some time each day to put up some sort of photo report but I gotta tell you, it's extremely hard to find the time without taking time away from having fun here!!

Just got word from GG.. Bear is being drug out as of 4:06 and will, likely, go up after the last jet practice session for more testing..

Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Sunday

Wayne,

That picture of Fury is purely beautiful... I have never seen those effects...

Sweet,

WRL

Comment

Never mind.....I miss read another post.
      Last edited by Red; 09-10-2007, 05:09 PM.
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

A few more

Here's a few more of the Bear flight yesterday....
        Attached Files
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: A few more

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          Here's a few more of the Bear flight yesterday....
          Great shots of thebear, Wayne! That center shot really shows the rudder deflection for takeoff. MANY THANKS!
          barney

Comment

Re: A few more

Originally posted by spec29
            Great shots of thebear, Wayne! That center shot really shows the rudder deflection for takeoff. MANY THANKS!
            Oh man, it gets better than that! They were using the right shot to analyze the airframe at speed..

MUCH discussion!

Makes the purchase that has my CC bill in the stratosphere TOTALLY worthwhile!

Man that sucker shoots sharp!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne, they are some nice pics, love the one of the bear getting airbourne past home pylon, i dont think that i could've been any better.
              race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
              X