X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And So It Begins...

Strange sightings in the night...

Brought to you by AlienVision...

Also, what "Mouse" roared so loudly in the night... Made that 3350 sound like a Weed Eater... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: And So It Begins...

Mike is No more ready then the bear !!! or has just run out of time or

money : ) Yellow wings are like mustard , need I say more ?????????

Comment

I am soooooooo pissed I cant head over the hill till tuesday afternoon, and I will be working in truckee today and tomorrow.

Victor, looking forward to seeing you again
      I owe you a beer

Bob

Comment

Looks great Victor! See you out there today!

Comment

Looks like its haulin' A$$ even when it's sitting sitting on the ramp!! Great shot Victor!!

FBK

Comment

Monday morning 7:15, Strega just launched!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

AND????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                Strange sightings in the night...

Brought to you by AlienVision...

Also, what "Mouse" roared so loudly in the night... Made that 3350 sound like a Weed Eater... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Interesting photographic quirk- the prop looks like its turning the wrong way. I guess the main image of the prop blades is set by the flash duration, and the shutter speed being longer captures the fade as "streaks" that taper away. I wouldn'a thought that a Xenon strobe would have a slow fade like that, so maybe its ambient light that was responsible for the "streaks."

And yeah.... that thing looks FAST.

Comment

Yeah, those props look pretty cool.

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum
                    Interesting photographic quirk- the prop looks like its turning the wrong way. I guess the main image of the prop blades is set by the flash duration, and the shutter speed being longer captures the fade as "streaks" that taper away. I wouldn'a thought that a Xenon strobe would have a slow fade like that, so maybe its ambient light that was responsible for the "streaks."

And yeah.... that thing looks FAST.
                    It's because the camera is in "front curtain sync" mode (the default). Most cameras can be put into "rear curtain sync", which will then fire the flash at the *end* of the exposure period.

When you see pics of cars, e.g., with trailing streaks of tailights but the cars are still visible, that's done in rear curtain sync. If it was in front curtain sync, the car would have read tailight streaks going out in front of it...

Comment

Nice, Victor. Cool effects with the prop. Too bad there are so many people standing around. But I know how THAT goes. I'll be looking for you in the Pits. I assume Warlock area?
                      Bill
                      Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

What's with the two antennae shooting up from the cowl between the blades? Why is that the only point in the picture that streaking occured? Is it because that is the focal point?

Comment

Yeah those almost look like nav lights in the distance.
                          _________
                          -Matt
                          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

I tried to post this earlier, but it looks like it didn't make it or it went to the wrong place or something.

The prop looks like it's going backwards because the flash is synced to the front curtain. Most modern SLRs will let you set them to rear curtain sync.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah
                              What's with the two antennae shooting up from the cowl between the blades? Why is that the only point in the picture that streaking occured? Is it because that is the focal point?
                              Those are glints- sharp specular reflections of other light sources off the blades as they pass through the right point in the arc to make a catch the light and send it straight into the lens. But a blade just didn't happen to be in that position when the flash went off.

For comparison, look at Wayne's long-time-exposure shot:

In Wayne's shot the prop's a disk because there's no flash to freeze it, but the two glint streaks are still there- and in fact are much more obviously glints.

Comment

Working...
                              X