Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Photos...

Hello from Reno,

I made a quick hit and run at Stead today. I can't say enough about Dave and the rest of the Bear Crew, and the many others that have shared a moment of their time with me. I do remember your names, even if I might get your faces mixed up.

Lonnie

Not too sure how I did on the photo assignment. How about the top half of the numbers on the Grim Reaper?

Also, I've got some photos up at PBase...http://www.pbase.com/lonrob/sunday

If there's a problem with the link, please let me know...
    Attached Files

Re: Sunday Photos...

Speaking of Miss T'witchie, she had a interesting landing last evening, thank god for long runways.

Great photos

Comment

Thanks for sharing Lonnie!!! You have lots of great pics there!!! Looks like there's a good turn out already!!

FBK

Comment

My pleasure...

Not sure if I'm going to be out there today or not. I have a lot to get done today so I can relax the rest of the week.

Lonnie

Comment

Sorry for this belated Sunday update. It's now Monday morning, I'm eating breakfast and the F-1s are on course.

The Brown Schmootz looks to have completely cleared, yesterday it was pretty bad all around the horizon to about 20 or 30 degrees up. Local visibility was just fine. The fist shot gives a bit of hint.

Here also are a couple of shots of the new tips on 232's wings, very racey indeed.

Ron B. ranup and had a flight, that Griffon is a curious sound. Merlin's have a certain refined elegance about the sound, this Griffon is just raw power with no manners whatsoever. I'm sure the 6 blade prop thrashing the air has something to do with it as well. Methinks this must be the neandertal portion of the evolution. Me Likes!

Sparky arrived Sunday as well. Voodoo looked to have a good run during practice in the afternoon, and seemed to be making some pretty good power, Spirit of Texas also seemed to be running strong. Pops launched and had just a couple of laps before coming in. He had some trouble with the gear, they scrambled the trucks but the landing was uneventful, the crew looked to be making some adjustments on the ramp and she launched again, Mike appeared to be just loafing around the course.

I missed sport practice session, returning to the site just as they were finishing up. I didn't see Relentless on course, but he came across the field high up just before landing, that engine had a whole different note about it, and he was really cooking at the time. This could be interesting. Jon Sharpe will be piloting NXT 3X after all, Skip Mast has transferred to a new Lancair Legacy that doesn't have a race number on it yet. (as of yesterday) Darrell Greenemeyer's Legacy arrived on a truck Sunday with the wings off, late afternoon, the wings were on and the crew were working forward of the firewall. No prop or cowl on yet.

Got some good shots of the jets, these things are easy, just crank the shutter speed up. No need to worry about blurring the prop. I could get to like these things. ......Naw! The Buckeye had some L-39s in trail for a bunch of laps, I don't think we can take anything away from it. Just before pulling off course, the he had the wick turned up, and he was scooting along very nicely indeed. The T-33 also looked good on course and he L-29s also. This could be a much more interesting year in Jets.

Hope you enjoy
          Cheers
          Gerry
          Attached Files

Comment

Where are the pics of Dasher?!

Comment

The T-33 needs a sponsor!
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                The T-33 needs a sponsor!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! You beat me to it!!

FBK

Comment

Geez, where is 232 getting cooling now? All air cooled? No wing root radiators?
                  Bill Garnett
                  InterstellarDust
                  Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Boil off
                    Red
                    chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red
                      Boil off
                      Shoulda guesed
                      Bill Garnett
                      InterstellarDust
                      Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

I know the P-38's secret now.
                        It will shoot anybody in front.
                        Good thinking!
                        Rich

Comment

Originally posted by alaskaracer
                          Where are the pics of Dasher?!
                          Someone called?

G
                          Attached Files

Comment

Do I missed some web site? But, where are the RB Gold winner photos?
                            Thanks
                            Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by taglialavore
                              Do I missed some web site? But, where are the RB Gold winner photos?
                              Thanks
                              Jorge

I'm working on a 'Rare Bear' gallery, I hope to have at least part of it up tomorrow. It will feature pictures of the 'Bear' going back to August 16th through the Gold Race.

Lonnie

Comment

Working...
                              X