Items allowed through the gate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Items allowed through the gate?

It's been a few years since I've been able to attend the races, but I'll be there Saturday and Sunday this year. Just wondering if anyone could tell me wether or not Camelbaks backpacks are allowed through the gate?

I'm traveling light and want to know before I pack my it in my small suitcase. So far this year I'm one for 3 in getting into airshows with it and don't want to be turned away again...

Re: Items allowed through the gate?

Not sure about this year, but I saw several last year.

Comment

I bring my camelback each year and haven't had a problem yet. Mabey they just thought it was a backpack with a hose hanging out of it....ha
      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Yea I hope I can because it saved my ass at PRS and Sacramento, but I think since I am media I will have a better chance

Comment

I have only tried to bring in bottles of water and a few snacks, although in 2000 I smuggled a day pack full of bbq and tater salad in.

Comment

The official scoooby on what they allow.

I knew I had read it, so I looked on the RARA page while I enjoyed my first cup of coffee of the day.

Here is the official scoooby straight from the horses mouth.
            Last edited by Bob; 09-10-2007, 05:58 AM. Reason: not enough coffee

Comment

Thanks. I had looked for something like that last night but couldn't find it... Guess we'll try taking them - worst case it's just a short hike back to the rental car. I remeber packing backpacks and coolers through the gates past the "no backpacks, no coolers" signs for years in the early 90's so I guess we'll see.

Comment

Re: The official scoooby on what they allow.

Originally posted by Bob
                I knew I had read it, so I looked on the RARA page while I enjoyed my first cup of coffee of the day.

Here is the official scoooby straight from the horses mouth.
                Pretty sure the same restriction on 'Noise-making devices such as bullhorns, voice amplifiers, or public address systems' was in effect last year, but that didn't seem to stop Section 3 (the section, not the AAFO member, Althought, maybe S3 _is_ the guy with the bullhorn in S3, may have to check on that ).

I've normally carried a backpack with camera, binoculars, water, and a sandwich and never had a problem going through the gate.
                TomL

Comment

Alright, I have another 'stuff through the gate' question.
                  Does anyone know if the old-lady type folding shopping carts are allowed? My wife just came home with one as a 'favor' to me for the air races. I think I've seen wagons out there before, but I don't remember seeing these type of carts.
                  BTW, this would only be for Sunday on the tarmac in front of Sect 4 where chairs are allowed.
                  Thanks,
                  TomL

Comment

Working...
                  X