Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saterday...

Hello to all,

Here's a few from my adventure to Stead today. I had the pleasure of meeting Annie and Clyde Kawasaki, and their pilot John Krawczyk today, another great group of folks. Thank you for your hospitality.

I'll be posting more photos at PBase as soon as I can get to them...I've accepted a special mission for one of the teams.

The Bear came out of her cave for an engine run, then went back into said cave to take care of a couple of 'minor' things. She's sounding better than ever.

I may get up extra early in the morning to catch the dawn patrol and the missing man formation, but no promises.

Steadfast looks racy with their new prop. Way to go everyone!!

Strega was parked on the ramp, but I couldn't see under the hood.

Enjoy these and I'll let everyone know when I get the others posted.

Lonnie
    Attached Files

Re: Saterday...

Thanks for the pics keep them coming for those of us who can't make it there

Comment

Originally posted by mel
      Thanks for the pics keep them coming for those of us who can't make it there

And for those that cant leave yet

Comment

Thanks a lot for the pics!!!!! I LOVE that paint job on Race #42!! Have you seen T-6 #37 yet? Please continue to keep us all updated....

Only 4 more LONG days

FBK

Comment

Yea, it was a awesome day! Bear looks a bit better in person and Steadfast looks and sounds great with that new prop. The P-38 flew and did a low pass and sounded great doing it. I also saw Wayne and Tim. Will was very welcoming, even for a newbie like me! Thanks for taking the time out for me Will

Comment

saw wayne today he is looking heathy as a horse
            here is a few more photos
            and also nice to see merlins magic back health also
            Attached Files
            www.renosection3.com

Comment

I should be able to put up more tonight and tomorrow, but just one for now

Comment

nice pm in the pm
                www.renosection3.com

Comment

Just a humble few myself. I made the trek from Edmonton, over the last couple of days. Did someone say an agonizing 7 hour drive? Try 25 hours towing a 5th wheel. Worth every minute already.

I overheard at the BearCave after their runup, there was "some yellow" in one of the pipes, and they were going to chase a leak of some sort. Another curious thing: I noticed one of the crew during the runup pulled a red plug from the right flap, outboard end, some fluid came spilling out. He came back to it with a can of what looked like WD-40 and sprayed some in the hole with the tube sticking through the flow, (sure looked like water) and the flow stopped. John Slack, do you know if there is some kind of system built into the fixed flaps? Any ideas?

PM crew was still doing some wrenching after their runup. Steadfast crew looked to be cleaning up a squawk of some form, a gentleman dropped off a piece of hose to Will, for which his was very thankful. Sorry, I'm not very aggressive asking questions of the pit crews. They look busy, and I certainly don't want to take their mind of the work. Yes I know its a failing on my part.

GG sounds absolutely wonderful! Merlin's Magic (amongst many others) looks a beatiful as ever.

Without futher Adoo...
                  Cheers
                  Gerry
                  Attached Files

Comment

WOW!

Thems are some short wings on 232!

Comment

Nice, almost went out there after my son's football game but decided to call it a day given i will be out there for the next week straight. I am not a photographer, but it will be cool to meet some of you in person.....

Comment

Here's a link to more photos from today.

I might break them down into their respective classes, depends on if I get the time.

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
                          Don't know about a meeting, but here's a link to more photos from today.

I might break them down into their respective classes, depends on if I get the time.

Lonnie

WOW! You were working overtime Lonnie.
                          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                          My Photos
                          My Ride

Comment

i think i was standing next to u MM when u shot those midnight miss photos
                            nice prop blurs G van
                            keep em coming
                            www.renosection3.com

Comment

very cool photos from everyone, plus its good to see Miss A on the line too...
                              race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
                              X