• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a car drop!

The best part of the air races.
    Will we get a car drop this year?

Re: I want a car drop!

Man that would be cool as hell! I sure miss those drops. I loved how they used to play the crowd. It would start out with a PA call about a car parked in a handicapped spot. They'd threaten to tow it for hours til it would finally show up overhead. I always got a kick of how many new people bought that gag.

Does anyone remember the year that they dropped it on the runway? Man there were some pissed people! I have pictures somewhere.

I just found out today that I have to work next weekend, so I won't be able to attend.
    Red
    chanting...400+

Comment

Call in sick!

Comment

I told em I'd quit.... no joke. But I had it off a year in advance. They are still trying to Buy Me Out of going. Not gonna happen. Same story each year.

P.s. Family owned businesses are a little easier to get away with that..

P.s.s. I would love to see the dropped car. I think they stopped doing it the year before I started going.
        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by hg2992
          Call in sick!
          Man I wish I could. Unfortunatley I'm the only one who does what I do and a ton of other people would be really pissed

Hope that new real time thing on RARA's site workes out
          Red
          chanting...400+

Comment

My favorite was last year when Kent chucked the tire out of the Interstate Cadet and pegged the car parked out on the taxiway. I can't remember who was in it, someone famous in the Air Race family, gees help me out here, anyway it looked like it scared the sheet out of his female passenger. I guess someone could have gotten hurt but luckily it missed. Like they say it's funny as hell until someone gets hurt.

Cheers,

TYPHOON

Comment

Originally posted by Tiffyglider
              My favorite was last year when Kent chucked the tire out of the Interstate Cadet and pegged the car parked out on the taxiway. I can't remember who was in it, someone famous in the Air Race family, gees help me out here, anyway it looked like it scared the sheet out of his female passenger. I guess someone could have gotten hurt but luckily it missed. Like they say it's funny as hell until someone gets hurt.

Cheers,

TYPHOON
              Paul Poberezny of EAA fame!

Comment

Yea, it was Paul Poberezney.

Stirring the Smoke Oil.

Comment

Yeah ,that's right, now I remember. It's hell getting old. I think it was his wife with him. The tire hit right in front of her door by the bottom corner of the windshield. She about went through the roof. Probably would of cost Kent less if it was the toilet paper.

TYPHOON

Comment

Yup, count on my vote in favor of a car drop, too.

Maybe, just maybe, that's how we could get it done. A vote, with a donation attached, with the proceeds towards a charity. The vote would be for what type of automobile to be dropped: Post Office Jeep, Cop car, Low-rider, etc. I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Or did I fall off my rocker again?

Comment

I think they dropped an F-4 Phantom hulk at the Hamilton races in 1988. That was a shame, but something to tell the grandkids about someday when one asks "Grandpa did you ever get to see an F-4 fly?"

Personally I liked the school bus drop I saw somewhere-was that Reno? This thread needs photos!

Comment

Originally posted by Red
                        Man I wish I could. Unfortunatley I'm the only one who does what I do and a ton of other people would be really pissed

Hope that new real time thing on RARA's site workes out

And your point???????????
                        Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiffyglider
                          Yeah ,that's right, now I remember. It's hell getting old. I think it was his wife with him. The tire hit right in front of her door by the bottom corner of the windshield. She about went through the roof. Probably would of cost Kent less if it was the toilet paper.

TYPHOON

That's why I love rental cars!!!!! LOL
                          Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

I think they need explosives added to the car drop to make it more exciting.

Originally posted by DWYER
                            P.s. Family owned businesses are a little easier to get away with that..
                            Yeah, family owned businesses are easier to get away from.

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by "Race" Driver
                              And your point???????????

The pissed people would be Marines. They have bigger guns than me
                              Red
                              chanting...400+

Comment

Working...
                              X