X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule now up......

....on the RARA website.

Re: Schedule now up......

Anybody seen a qualifying schedule! If so please post. Would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Frank C.

Comment

Oh good...the Saab Demo team is there again, the schedule is complete.
      I am the Mouse

Comment

Yea , the Saab team is always my favorite too! Ha! LOL

Frank C.

Comment

And good to see that we've got the obligatory 3 shows a day from Kent Pietsch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousecorp
            Oh good...the Saab Demo team is there again, the schedule is complete.
            Without filler like that or Kent Pietsch, when would we have time for beer, bio or lunch breaks?

Rob

Comment

on saturday they have this entry...
              18:00 Movie Premier 18:00 Grand Sierra Resort [800-501-2651]
              So, because I want to see this movie really bad I called, and the Grand Sierra Resort has no idea what I was talking about.

Comment

I miss the good ole days when flybys of the B-1, C-5, and SR-71 could be expected during the races. I really miss the "car drops." In my mind, these were airshow items "unique" to Reno, and helped it stand out. They certainly helped entertain my ADD-having 11-year old mind between races. These things don't have to be on the schedule, but I wish we could still expect them to happen. The authentic 707 flyby (ugg, Travolta) was cool and unexpected last year.
                _________
                -Matt
                Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                  on saturday they have this entry...
                  18:00 Movie Premier 18:00 Grand Sierra Resort [800-501-2651]
                  So, because I want to see this movie really bad I called, and the Grand Sierra Resort has no idea what I was talking about.
                  Ahh... groan.. I was on the phone several days ago with one of the EP's... we were going to put some sort of info out.. He got busy helping out at Reno from what I understand.. I'll be there tomorrow, will be with him at some point, will get the info out asap....

Best way to ensure you get in.. get there early... or ask around at the 57 pit for a ticket...

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Frank C.
                    Yea , the Saab team is always my favorite too! Ha! LOL

Frank C.
                    Hummn.. I didn't get to see it last time there.. Actually though, I heard it was pretty hot and saw it on TV and it looked cool to me?

Ewe guys are sooooooo hard to please!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Wayne,
                      Thanks for the fast reply and the tip

Comment

Hey every other decent sized airshow is getting an F-22 demonstration. Why not Reno? I was so hoping to get my first F-22 demo experience.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by 5kevin5
                          Hey every other decent sized airshow is getting an F-22 demonstration. Why not Reno? I was so hoping to get my first F-22 demo experience.

Kevin
                          A lot of airshows are not getting the Raptor. They were not even going be doing the demo this year at all, they hurried it through and plan to be at more places next year when they have more support in place. They will be @ Nellis though

Check out http://airshowbuzz.com the demo team posts on the forum their and is very helpful.

The demo I am ticked to see Reno not have is the C17, that thing is amazing to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by RCoulter
                            They were not even going be doing the demo this year at all, they hurried it through and plan to be at more places next year when they have more support in place.
                            'They' (i.e. Paul 'Max' Moga) certainly do perform a full demo now. At the early season shows, a partial demo was performed, but the full demo received Command approval a couple of weeks before Sacramento in June.

It is VERY spectacular. As you say, it will be at Nellis in November, as well as the Columbus 'Mustang fest' later this month. See ya there!

Comment

Don't complain if you're able to be there! The air show is a great fill in! But for the Race Nuts like me who can't make it this year, the only reason to go to Reno is The Racers. ALL Classes, All Day! My wife said something about slots. Huh? See yah next year, my 12th. : Post those reports please!

Comment

Working...
                              X