Rare Bear 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear 2007

It is with great honor that I am able to present to you...direct from Reno, Nevada...Rare Bear 2007. (drum roll please)

Lonnie
    Attached Files

Re: Rare Bear 2007

anyone have any tissues? snif, snif, snif, she looks glorious
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Oooops,

Looks like I forgot a couple...me so sorrrrrry...

Lonnie
      Attached Files

Comment

HOLY COW! Me so excited !!! Wherever he is, Mr. Brown is definitely feeling a disturbance in the Force.
        _________
        -Matt
        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

In one word: WOW!!

That thing looks fast just sittin' there...big congrats to the paint crew.

Can't wait to see her in air...this is gonna be one fun year.
          Mark Johnson
          Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Damn, that new paint looks good.
            http://96lt4.com/smileys/linet50.gif

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
              HOLY COW! Me so excited !!! Wherever he is, Mr. Brown is definitely feeling a disturbance in the Force.
              Why? Because they chose to paint the Bear instead of do more test flights?

I figured they would have a very thorough test program before Reno and not be worried about getting paint on it.

Comment

Holy moly! She looks AWESOME! Great work guys!

Comment

Originally posted by threeoneright

I figured they would have a very thorough test program before Reno and not be worried about getting paint on it.

It's not just about the paint. The crew took a much needed break, though Scotty, Matt, and Brian have still been at it. And while the crew was on this short break, the painters worked a little magic. Trust me, if John and Dave would have had any doubts, the painters wouldn't have a had chance. But I feel they did the right thing. The break they took was just as important as the work they've been doing.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by threeoneright
                    Negative "Three One"... They just wanted to be sure Mr. Brown had something nice to look at on the way to the finish line...

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
                      It is with great honor that I am able to present to you...direct from Reno, Nevada...Rare Bear 2007. (drum roll please)

Lonnie
                      I'm Proud of you Lonnie!

You dug in, did the duty with your boss (very hard to do... I'm self-employed and I'm STILL here working) managed to get out there every day and even wound up performing a very needed service (hauling the BearTrailer)...

I say, we all owe Lonnie a beer or something cool at RENO for keeping all of us in the loop for the last few weeks!

Three Cheers for Lonnie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

WOW!! The Bear looks GREAT!!!!!

Thanks for keeping us all updated Lonnie!!

Can't wait to see her round the pylons!! Less than a week!!!!

FBK

Comment

Ack.....I am gonna need a flame suit for this one. I don't like it at all. It looks like the Dago kelp painter went crazy on it. I like the white, purple, and gold scheme, but would like it much better if it were done more in the style of the rendering Wayne posted. But, it aint my money or airplane. $.02

Comment

I'll take the Bear any way I can get the Bear - it looks GREAT!
                            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
                              Ack.....I am gonna need a flame suit for this one. I don't like it at all. It looks like the Dago kelp painter went crazy on it. I like the white, purple, and gold scheme, but would like it much better if it were done more in the style of the rendering Wayne posted. But, it aint my money or airplane. $.02
                              No flames for ya... I don't think they had time to do the detail that they wanted.... Like I said.. gotta give Mike B. something prettier than just white... sides that, she'd have been too hard to see, camera's wouldn't focus on her.... Sumptin tells me, she'll look completely different come Sept '08...

Huge to RENO's crew.. Team Rare Bear for performing the impossible... !

Huge thanks to Mr. Cornell and crew and Rod Lewis and family for making it all happen!

Stuck in the NW for one more day.. was going to be there two days ago but had too much work to get done..

Work done... packing in progress... here I come!!

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X