Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Related Topics Forum

Hey Wayne + All,

How about a forum for related topics. I'm thinking Larry and his car racing stories, Slack and some el camino stories and things like that.
    There are lots of things I'd like to know about the members of this group, but don't get to hear about because the stories aren't about air racing.

Thoughts?

TJ Dwelle

Re: Related Topics Forum

Actually, TJ, I'd like to Hear some of Your Stories, Growing up Flying/Racing with Your Family...D.

Comment

I like it. Kinda like bench flying/racing, but we all get to listen in.
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

Sounds pretty cool to me.
        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by TWD
          Hey Wayne + All,

How about a forum for related topics. I'm thinking Larry and his car racing stories, Slack and some el camino stories and things like that.
          There are lots of things I'd like to know about the members of this group, but don't get to hear about because the stories aren't about air racing.

Thoughts?

TJ Dwelle
          TJ.. I'm OK with that, problem being, every other forum section here gets about 1/10'th the traffic as this main one.. .

If you guys are OK with it.. as soon as time arrives.. (BURIED at the moment trying to make a living) I'll whip up the new one.. Ideas for name of new section?

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hmmmm..how about... Cool Semi-Related Neat Stuff?
            Red
            chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Joe S.
              O.T. (Off Topic)
              Actually, we already have an "off topic" section it's named "Graffitti" it was put in there for this sort of purpose.

That said, it's a bit down the list and hardly anyone uses it..

I see the risk in splitting Larry's stuff out that it does not get the audience that it deserves because so many folks ONLY come to this part of the message board....

Of equal distress to me is, here we have this fantastic resource and only maybe 40-50% of the visitors to the site even come to the message board!

We turn an unbelievable amount of visits daily through here.. trying to channel them to the best place to get all the information and I hesitate to say "news" because this site has become more of a "feature" based site than a "news" site..

OK.. I'm not getting the work done that I HAVE to get done before addresssing this...

BTW.. looking for volunteers to help me moderate.. one of the things that is really taking up my time and attention is the amount of SPAM membership apps. that I have to weed out and delete daily....

It's going to get REALLY hard during RENO to get to them and if I don't get them, eventually, they will get through and some of the stuff they promote is REALLY disturbing!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

After the aircraft are put away and everyone is hanging out in or around the hanger, having a cold one, telling stories and lies, have always been referred to as "Hanger Flying". Might be a good name for the new topic area...

Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Red
                  Hmmmm..how about... Cool Semi-Related Neat Stuff?
                  Red... can you go into your "User CP" section (link near top left) Then "edit email and password" link and update your email to current one... your "@redshangarone.com" addy is bouncing and filling my in-box with the bounce (Server admin gets them all) messages..

Also, anyone else who has an out of date email address... PLEASE, check your User CP and update your email! Once we get into the barrage of posts that RENO brings.. the in-box dilema will increase dramatically.. it's also a drain on the server as it has to re-poll all of the emails in queue for several days until the standard delivery "rules" are exhausted.

Thanks In Advance!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by TWD
                    Hey Wayne + All,

Thoughts?

TJ Dwelle
                    TJ, How are you doin'?
                    We already have a general discussion thread were that stuff belongs. I'd love to hear some of Larry's car adventures. I'm a lazy poster and that becomes the problem, something will trigger a memory and instead of taking the time to go to another thread, I'll just float it out there. Not very PC but it is understandable. But for now I have just packed up my stories and moved on. Good luck at the show.
                    John Slack

Comment

Done Wayne Sorry 'bout that, thought I had done it before.

Maybe if the new forum could be right under this one? There are other forums, but you have to look a bit to see if anything has been posted in them. Just might be a bit easier. Like the next one down is never used and the XAR one is dead too. I woulld venture most people don't look too far after that.
                      Red
                      chanting...400+

Comment

Its not so much that these discussions are in the wrong forum, its the attention to "thread integrity" that usually causes problems. Good hanger flying sessions naturally wander all over the place. One thing sparks another, and another and before you know it, something from way out of left field is being discussed. Couldn't plan it, just is. Thats the thing that needs to be allowed in this new forum. Moderators need to keep things civil and such, but allow a more natural flow for the discussion.

Comment

Hey Wayne at the moment I have extra time on my hands and would volunteer to help and moderate to help you get through RENO

Comment

Working...
                          X