Flight Simulator Air Racing at Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Simulator Air Racing at Reno

I frequent this forum as an air racing fan, and I've learned a lot from the many posts about air racing and racing aircraft. You have a rich knowledge base here.

I don't want this post to be commercial at all, I just want you to know that Microsoft will be at Reno this year showing an expansion pack for Flight Simulator X which has a focus on on-line air racing.

We have recreated Reno-Stead as exacting as we can with very accurate pylon placement and satellite imagery for the airport and course area. Every dirt road and landmark are available when flying and you should recognize the hangars and other distinctive details at the airport.

We have expanded our simulation to include ADI and a racing motor and have a beautiful Mustang to race in. We have other stuff besides racing as well for those users that aren't into air racing for some strange reason, but those details aren't very relevant here (and you probably don't want to hear about the Red Bull style racing either...). What is relevant is that I hope this product will help raise awareness of air racing with our very large user base of aviation fans and help the sport however it can.

RARA has been very supportive of our efforts as have several race pilots and aircraft owners racing at Reno. I don't want to be a name dropper, but they will be obvious when you see the paint schemes in the sim. We have also found great support in the other racing classes and I should have a sport class and T6 course ready to go along with the unlimited course when we get there.

If you will be at the races, please stop by and say hello and give the course a virtual flight and see what it's like. I think you'll enjoy it (hopefully you won't blow up your engine in the process).

Here is a link to the main Flight Simulator website and a link to my blog post about our being at Reno. I have other posts about the expansion pack in the blog as well if you feel like poking around.

Thanks and see you there!

Paul Lange
    Lead Game Designer, Flight Simulator

www.fsinsider.com

Paul Langes Blog

Re: Flight Simulator Air Racing at Reno

Cant wait to see your product. Will you be there personally?

Bob

Comment

Sounds cool!
      Tony

Comment

That's exciting Paul. Glad to see you guys getting involved in Air Racing. How about a Microsoft FS sponsor on one of the planes .

Comment

That's exciting Paul. Glad to see you guys getting involved in Air Racing. How about a Microsoft FS sponsor on one of the planes .

Oh! Great idea!... I would be willing to bet all of the teams out there would jump at the opertunitity to Microsoft Flight sim on thier plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
            Cant wait to see your product. Will you be there personally?

Bob
            I'll be there from the 11th to the 17th along with several others. I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah
              Far easier said than done... I'm just a peon in the grand scope of things.

Comment

are you guys gonna be set up with rudder pedals?

Comment

Originally posted by P-12C

So peon the right people and get them to sponsor Steadfast!!!!

Comment

Make the add-on fit FS9 and I'll buy one.

Comment

This is great news!!

The extra exposure can only help everyone.

See you at the races!!

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by P-12C
                        That's cool we're just yankin' your chain. I hope MS puts some advertising effort into the Expansion Pack. I think our sport needs all the publicity it can get. Most of my friends know I go to the Air Races and they been calling me when Red Bull is on to tell me the Air Races are on. I bet I have had 4 people tell me this week they saw and ad for the races in San Diego. I don't dislike Red Bull air racing but I have to explain every time what the difference is and that "that aint what I'm talkin' about". Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah
                          That's cool we're just yankin' your chain. I hope MS puts some advertising effort into the Expansion Pack. I think our sport needs all the publicity it can get. Most of my friends know I go to the Air Races and they been calling me when Red Bull is on to tell me the Air Races are on. I bet I have had 4 people tell me this week they saw and ad for the races in San Diego. I don't dislike Red Bull air racing but I have to explain every time what the difference is and that "that aint what I'm talkin' about". Good luck

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I was just having that same discussion with my wife, then I opened this thread and read the post

Comment

Just a quick note to let you know that FSX Acceleration has "gone gold" which means we have released the bits to manufacturing. Word on the street is that it will be available in stores October 23rd.

Here are a couple of links to some popular forums for Flight Simulator where there are some screenshots being posted. It's not all air racing focused, but it will give you a good look at some of the new stuff in there. You abviously know how to navigate around forums so I'm sure you can find your way...

Acceleration, MSFS,FSX,FS9,CFS,CFS1,CFS2,CFS3,Top,Best,Microsoft Flight Simulator,FS2000,FS2002,FS2004,FS9,FSX,Combat Flight Simulator,downloads,addons,cfs,cfs2,cfs3,il-2,sturmovik,Forgotten Battles,Pacific Fighters,combat,flight,links,tips,faq,free,tweaks,mods,Lockheed,Prepar3d,FREE,downloads,uploads,add ons,add-ons

Comment

PC-12.... I can't believe you guys have not sent me replacements for my aged "gameport" "HOTAS" setup so's I can fly this bugger on my "hot" lappy and give a virtual "pirep" via the net!!!

LOL....

Kidding (mostly) since I got my "start" doing this "writing" stuff as a flight sim reviewer in another time on another planet...

Sim sponsors accepted!!

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X