No announcement yet.

Other notes and sightings from Stead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other notes and sightings from Stead...

It was a great, if not a rather toasty day at Stead/4SD today.

John Parker and company was setting up for another engine run as I was leaving. The best of luck to them.

Grace 8 was all set for a flight today, but that was delayed by a tail-wheel issue. The tail-wheel lock wasn't quite right. I'll stop and check on them on Monday. But Grace 8 sure is looking great, and sounding great as well.

I think all that is left for Precious Metal is to fly.

There was also some other action today as well.

The DA 40 is being flown by Jack...along with someone that some might know. If you can guess her name, I'll buy you a beer.

In another photo, we see Super Dave, John, and I believe Bill going over things after the first flight.

And there is a photo of John Penney getting ready for the first flight of 2007.

Have a great day!!

Lonnie
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MMPerk; 09-02-2007, 10:46 PM. Reason: Forgot pictures... :dunno:

Re: Other notes and sightings from Stead...

Lonnie,

Thanks for the update. And thanks to all that post Reno info.
    The newspapers in the NW don't cover the airraces at all. The only way folks like me can experiance Reno is through the updates by you guys and gals, And we thankyou so much.

Bill

Comment

Anyone know what kind of airplane the first two pictures are? I can't figure it out. Thanks
      Brian
      PS.........I think I can take him on the straight aways in my Super Cub.....

Comment

I was there and thought I heard it was an interstate ka?????.....interstate something
        Jim Adams
        Blue Thunder 2 crew
        Picabo race 51 crew
        Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Ya, I think you're right, I think it is an Interstate......although I thought they had a balance rudder.....not to many Interstates around. Thanks
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X