Rare Bear update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear update...

The hardest part was picking the photos to upload from today.

The Bear did not fly today, but lots of progress was made. There were a few engines runs this afternoon and into the evening. Each one better than one before. And on the last run...gold class racers everywhere took notice...the Bear is back!!

I will be at Stead all weekend, and I will not leave till once more, with John Penny at the controls, the great Bear takes her rightful place back in the air where she longs to be.

And though there was no flying today, the Bear did taxi under her own power, and what a beautiful sight it was.

And now for just a few of the photos.

Lonnie
    Attached Files

Re: Rare Bear update...

Thanks for the update Lonnie, very exciting indeed

Now we just need to see some black streaks running down her side to make it official!

Congratulations to everyone involved!!!!

Anthony
    "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Ask, and you shall receive...
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome work Lonnie! I've been wishing I could be there all week but you're making it a lot easier to wait till I can go!!

Keep up the good work!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The pleasure is all mine, but I owe many thanks to Dave Cornell, John Penny, and all of the others. Scotty, Mat, Don, Brian, Chris, and Troy. And if I have forgotten someone, please let me know. You have all made me feel welcome.

Here's a link to more of the photos from today...hope you all enjoy. I tried to get still photos of the exhaust flames tonight, but I could not get my little S3 to stay focused!! But they look great in the video.

Time for bed, but not before I say a big thanks to everyone here and to the great people I work for and with. Thanks to everyone...

Lonnie

Comment

Lonnie,

Please ask MR. Penny to join us one night before the races, and give us his thoughts, feelings, on the "new Bear".

He has got to LOVE what has been done to her, and have a few thoughts to share with us.

Great shots! I have been looking every day for your updates!
            Thanks for the time well spent out on the ramp and with the Bear crew!

Keep us posted!

Wolfee

Comment

It appears that a new Flux Capacitor has been found and installed. This is very good news. I feel better about the Bears ability to go rip a hole in the sky and the competition in a couple of weeks.

Will

Comment

Awesome, im a mustang fan first but the bear has been my favourite Round racer for ages, congrats to all the team for their hard work and bring on race week.
                race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Lonnie,
                  Thanks for the pics. Nice that someone is posting a running log.
                  As for picture poses, could get us a good side-on view, please?
                  Thanks,
                  Chris...

Comment

There's a nice side view at:

Comment

Thank you.
                      Chris...

Comment

Alright, I gotta say it...The Bear...has come out of hibernation!!

Good to see the beast out in the sun again. Here's hoping they get her up in the air soon.

Thanks Lonnie for the pics and updates. Keep 'em coming.
                        Mark Johnson
                        Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

What are the three circles on the fuselage just aft of the exaust ramps? I know they are access panels of some kind, but what?

Comment

Thanks for the shots, That's my brother Brian in the blue shirt sitting down in the hanger, Brian is doing alot of the sheetmetal work that needed to be done!

Comment

Originally posted by CG51
                              Thanks for the shots, That's my brother Brian in the blue shirt sitting down in the hanger, Brian is doing alot of the sheetmetal work that needed to be done!
                              If he's who I think he is, I've heard his metal work described as ART!

Very talented man and a very good fellow to boot! I think, actually, that picture is the first time I've ever seen him sitting still but I note, he's ready to spring into action and is not really sitting, he's squatting!!

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X