Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thunder Mustang, Chia's 33, Pink NXT, Blue NXT Call it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Mustang, Chia's 33, Pink NXT, Blue NXT Call it.

Something about nine years running...

I am betting on a repeat

Re: Thunder Mustang, Chia's 33, Pink NXT, Blue NXT Call it.

IIRC, the TIO-540-NXT race engines have never run at full potential at Reno. If Skip and Kevin are running at full smash this year, with electrons harnessed and gear doors snug, we could see some amazing speeds.
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
      IIRC, the TIO-540-NXT race engines have never run at full potential at Reno. If Skip and Kevin are running at full smash this year, with electrons harnessed and gear doors snug, we could see some amazing speeds.
      Yeah,
      That's what I say too. I was trying to procure a ride in a certain NXT and the principals involved weren't impressed with the airframe because it wasn't winning. Maybe after some people make some power and fly the airplane they have to it's limit and potential, the thoughts and attitudes will change about the NXT.
      I'm sure it's faster than a scale model and a cruiser.
      Chris...

Comment

If the blower holds together, I think it could be Mr. Parker's year. My picks:

351/33/3x/42
        Mark Johnson
        Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

My pics, Parker / Von Grote / Kevin / Sharp (or whoever flys it)

I also predict that the sport class(es) will produce the best racing of the week.

Comment

I suspect folks here may be seriously under rating Kevin and Relentless. Gonna be fun to watch...

Comment

I think Kevin is ready to push it this year. I don't think Skip will be driving 3x since Jon's been given the "all's well" from the FAA. Glad to see he and Patricia have recovered well.

I wish someone would bring Dan's NXT this year. Three NXTs at full power on Sunday would be a sight to see... It looks like there will be more next year though!
              Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McMillin
                Yeah,
                That's what I say too. I was trying to procure a ride in a certain NXT and the principals involved weren't impressed with the airframe because it wasn't winning. Maybe after some people make some power and fly the airplane they have to it's limit and potential, the thoughts and attitudes will change about the NXT.
                I'm sure it's faster than a scale model and a cruiser.
                Chris...
                Show them the bored and stroked TIO-800, advertised as a "reliable" 800+ hp. In an NXT, that's a mini-Dread! Think about Kevin's past speeds at no more than "stock" power and revs.
                Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Not only do I think Kevin will be pushing this year, he will be shoving the door wide open. To quote him from a story I recently wrote, Kevin stated, "If you don't plan on bringing everything you have to compete with "Relentless" thisyear, then keep it in the hangar!" Does that sound like a hungry pilot? And no matter what happens this year, he has even bigger plans for next year. Results of the Super Sport Class race will be 41/33/351/3X.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X