Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight & Ballance Day...

Greetings from Reno,

Lucky me...I got to spend another lunch with the Bear. As the topic says, today was weight and balance day. The Bear is starting to look ready do to some hunting.

Hope you enjoy...as other teams start to arrive I will point the lense in their direction as well.

Lonnie
    Attached Files

Re: Weight & Ballance Day...

Thank you for this Lonnie, and great pictures of one of my all time favourite Racers. My name was on that airplane for 5 years, and she will always be special to me.

I think she looks just fine in white...

Thanks again for the progress reports!

Neal

Comment

That first photo looks baddass! I like the white and flat black prop. If they trimmed it out in flat black it would hide the carbon streaks...

Comment

Yeah! Rat Rod style.
        Red
        chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red
          Yeah! Rat Rod style.
          Not that you guys in Santa Rosa know anything about that...

Comment

Thanks for the pics. Every time we see pics of Rare bear there are 5 or 6
            people crawling all over that thing. If that doesn't put them in the 7th game of the world series nothing will.

Comment

I thought I saw someone mention something about the flaps not being sealed up again. Can anyone confirm if they are working or not?
              Red
              chanting...400+

Comment

All but Super Dave are volunteers. They have put together a mighty effort to get Bear ready. And considering the condition of the aircraft when this group got their hands on it...they have come far. But turn your eyes and ears to the sky...baring any unforeseen trouble, I fully expect the Bear to fly today!! I just hope I'm there to capture with pictures and video.

Lonnie

I can confirm...no working flaps. And this nearly doubles the approach and landing speeds. There is a table on the rarebear.com site that compares the speeds with and without working flaps. I'll get a better closeup of wing section in question.

Comment

Thanksfor update Lonnie. Looking forward to some flight shots
                  Red
                  chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
                    I can confirm...no working flaps. And this nearly doubles the approach and landing speeds. There is a table on the rarebear.com site that compares the speeds with and without working flaps. I'll get a better closeup of wing section in question.

Not just no working flaps, but the structure was changed and all mechanism including the hinges which extended into the air flow were removed permanently. These parts were then sold to a group that was restoring a different Bearcat, Which Rod Lewis now owns. Quite a few of the parts that were removed from the Rare Bear are actually on his other Bearcat. Just one of those things that worked out nice. I got to point that out to Rod during the negotiaitions for the sale.
                    John Slack

Comment

Working...
                    X