• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear, Strega, or Fury call it

Them CM wing tips have me converted

I'm betting on Brown

Re: Bear, Strega, or Fury call it

The're all exceeding 500 until the last lap when they all mayday out, and Dreadnought wins again.
    Just kidding...
    Chris...

Comment

If they're all still in it on Sunday... and Tiger really is running a stock engine...

232/77/8/7/86/5
      Sky Critter

Comment

If they are all in on Sun and Strega ISN"T running a stock engine. 7 / 232 / 77/ 86

Comment

im a strega fan first and a bear fan second, septemberfury a close third
          but if tiger is really running stock (and will never believe it till a week after the races) lol, the bear is going to mop up the pylons with all of them!
          Todd Smith

Comment

As much as I love the Witch and am hoping Tiger is sandbagging with the whole running stock thing, Sept. Fury is gonna be awfully hard to beat. The Bear should be close, and I think the sleeper could be a certain purple mustang, so my picks are:

With a "stock" Strega:
            232/77/5/8/7/86

With a "hot" Strega:
            232/7/77/5/8/86

Here's hoping everyone makes it to Sunday this year.
            Mark Johnson
            Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Nothing against anybody else, but if I was putting money down i would put it on the plane that has Kerch for the crewchief!

Comment

If Tiger shows up with a race engine he'll finish first or not at all...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tiger does show up with a stocker, then, due to some sort of undisclosed engine problem during or right after quals, puts in the "back-up" engine and wins the whole thing...lol

Yea... I know
                Sky Critter

Comment

7/232 - The only ones that matter, have a round front!
                  Tony

Comment

i say 77,232,7,
                    7 does not have a round front

Comment

Didn't we cover this in a previous thread? Just checking. Strega arrives at Reno with stock motor as mentioned before, so UNFORTUNATELY the Witch finishes out of the top three. That leaves the heavy hitting Bear and Fury. I believe I heard Mikey say once, "If you want to slow your racer down, clip the wings." Wonder what happened to change that mind set? The Bear has had a lot of work done to her this off season, and I hope the gremlin factor does not plague them. If not, then the Bear prevails to claim what is rightfully theirs, another championship. But as I have stated before, the real battles and racing will take place in the middle of the pack, when similarly matched racers fight for 3, 4, 5, 6. The qualifying speeds for these racers will be 10-20 mph combined.
                      I will be pulling for the Bear, but part of me would like to see both the Bear and Fury break, and the little Mustang that could (Voodoo) wins all the marbles. Now that would be a great story.

77/232/5

Dave

Comment

Let's get serious, come on... 232 will take the whole thing! They have the talent, the support, and the equipment to win in 07... I would love to see Strega win, but I don't know... The Bear is, basically, a new airplane and I think they will be chasing problems all week long... I am not being mean, I just think that there are gremlins that will emerge throughout the week... It would be nice to see PM in the Gold, I know that watching last years race Ron wanted to be there, so, hopefully, he will be in it.....

Basically it comes down to this.... I hope all have a good, successful and SAFE week... Come Sunday, may the best man WIN!!!!!!

Comment

Dago #4 FTW

Just had to say it

I feel that if the Bear isnt' running quite right or has some minor issues, the new owner and crew won't push the thing hard just to take home the win. As long as she holds together, she's gonna be a runner.

Strega is Mustang and therefore, my fav in the mix. Gotta luv Tiger

232 is the odds on favorite and will be a force to be reckon with. I like Brown's program... wouldn't surprise me at all if he took all the laurals again this year. Mike's got a great crew, great plane, & a great program -hard to beat a winning formula like that.

That being said... it's 232, 77, 7

But I'll be rooting for Strega... as it's a lot more fun rooting for the underdog
                          Mark K....

Comment

Despite what would really be neat and cool. A new first time winner of gold is always something special. But...my pick will be a repeat.

77, 7, and then 232...

Nothing against 232 or any of the competitors...but here in Reno triple 7's are a winning combination.

Lonnie

Lead, follow, or get the heck out of the way!!

Comment

hmmm 232 is odds on favourite, but then again, lets wish this..... dreams of results to happen this way:

Czech mate

dreadnought

voodoo

MB to chase a gremlin somewhere in 232

77 to be ironing things out all week,

7 will be there or there abouts, but without a mouse wont catch the others
                              race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
                              X