Ok, the Unltd Gold Showdown is Set??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, the Unltd Gold Showdown is Set??

GriffonGirl states Strega has to win tomorrows Silver too then can bump up to Gold.

I don't have the official rules in front of me, but the bump/advance rule I remember from years past is that his win in Silver today puts him in slot 6 or 7 for tomorrow's Gold.

If this is true, then it will be difficult to determine a winner with all engines running perfectly. I have seen Tiger make mistakes when Skip was ahead of him in '90, and I have seen Skip make mistakes when Tiger was ahead of him in '91.

All I know is it takes MORE power for the 2nd place aircraft to get around a leader that doesn't make mistakes. I believe the start of the Gold race tomorrow gives Skip the edge, because Tiger will be out at the end of line and will have to overcome and get around all those heavies diving for pylons 2-3.

I am thinking a race similar to '89 or even closer to '99 but in reverse with Dago Red leading most of it - BUT MAYBE NOT ALL OF IT! GO TIGER GO!

May they all be healthy at 130"+.
    Robert Stanley -Strega fan since '86

I think Tiger's gotta do it the hard way, Stan; win the silver on Sunday, then bump into the gold. Bill Rheinschild ran this gauntlet in 2000 and managed to get third in the gold and win a whole lotta fans in the process.

cheers
    SMc

Comment

The way we understand it today, since Tiger did not race Friday, then won the Silver on Saturday, the placement on Friday is the same as last place.. the win then puts him in the Gold for today...

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X