Sightings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sightings...

Today's sightings include Precious Metal, an L-29, and I believe Grace 8, and also another milestone for Rare Bear.

I had the pleasure and the honor of meeting Mr. John Penney today And this is a very good sign...

Anyhow...it's getting late...so here are a few photos from todays 'Sightings'.

Lonnie
    Attached Files

Re: Sightings...

also T-33 51 was out there

Comment

I had to stop and think for a minute. I do remember seeing that one now!! This photo is from last Thursday...

Thanks for the reminder Shawn. I tend to get tunnel vision and then miss things that are right under my nose. I must also thank Doug, he was gracious and understanding when I begged to leave work early today

Look to the skies...

Lonnie

Specline Special - Race 51
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, thanks for the pics. It sure is great to the the bear looking SO healthy!

Comment

"Rousch Don't Know Jack About Merlin Racing Engines"

???????

Dang, that sounds really bitter. There must be a helluva back story behind that one... funny though.

Sorry for the OT... THANK YOU for posting such great pics!
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Cowling on the BEAR!!! That's a really good sign.

Comment

I do believe that this goes back about 3 or maybe 4 years ago. Not sure of the details behind it though.

Lonnie

I'm considering taking the next couple of days off so I can be there for the Bear's return to the air. Going to talk to the boss today and see if that's even remotely possible. If this works out, I'll get video and photos of the event. And no matter what happens, I'll be in Stead over the weekend.

Originally posted by MRussell
              "Rousch Don't Know Jack About Merlin Racing Engines"

???????

Dang, that sounds really bitter. There must be a helluva back story behind that one... funny though.

Sorry for the OT... THANK YOU for posting such great pics!

Comment

where do you get those roush dont know jack shirts

Comment

There was a Long dialogue between Dwight Thorn and Tiger that resulted in what is known as a "MOUSE" motor, when Dwight retired for health reasons all that information didn't Just Disappear.
                  Dwight and Jack Roush also were "Involved" in an Exchange of information, from what I could gather Jack may not have been too involved in the Building of Merlin Race Motors, as much as making parts for same. I think it a little strong to say "Jack don't know jack..." or, "Jack didn't do squat..." A "MOUSE" motor is a collection of FAST parts put together Very Carefully...D.

Comment

Actually it was a shirt Bob Button had made last year. It was because of the failure of the Roush made bearings that Sparrow installed in Bob's motor for Voodoo that instantly made metal during testing.

Comment

Actually it was a shirt Bob Button had made last year. It was because of the failure of the Roush made bearings that Sparrow installed in Bob's motor for Voodoo that instantly made metal during testing.
                      Close, but no cigar. How about we just leave this one alone?

SA

Comment

So from the looks of it.... we don't get to see the 3 blader spin this year.
                        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

....I came to understand that Roush's shop (one of many) was the only
                          place to get some of the specialized machining done.

And I think they may be being blamed for someone else's failures
                          (poor plating in/on the bearings).

Although the shirt does make it for the humor.
                          Mayday51
                          Jim Gallagher

Comment

Will those shirts be for sale at reno?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by David E. Wells
                              There was a Long dialogue between Dwight Thorn and Tiger that resulted in what is known as a "MOUSE" motor, when Dwight retired for health reasons all that information didn't Just Disappear.
                              Dwight and Jack Roush also were "Involved" in an Exchange of information, from what I could gather Jack may not have been too involved in the Building of Merlin Race Motors, as much as making parts for same. I think it a little strong to say "Jack don't know jack..." or, "Jack didn't do squat..." A "MOUSE" motor is a collection of FAST parts put together Very Carefully...D.
                              Regardless David,
                              We all know there is more Yukon Jack in the Mouse than Jack Roush in the Mouse. When it came to Allison Rod motors I'll tell you Da'Doc didn't share that recipe, nor the chili recipe either. And remember the only real Mouses are MAD Mouses everything else needs to get a new identity.
                              John Slack

Comment

Working...
                              X