Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator Resignation

Wayne, and AAFO Friends and Foes,

I have come to the conclusion, after much personal debate.....

that I would like to retire as moderator here at AAFO.

I voiced my opinion last year about this time regarding the nature of some of the posts that I had seen that were either character attacks or just spiteful, and I must say...this year has become even more bizarre and hateful!

I can no longer determine what is a valid post, or just a trick to solicit a response from the masses to spark hostile debate and create turmoil.

I have devoted a lot of attention to trying to "keep the peace" here, and it seems like that is an impossible task at this point.

Wayne, I dont want to upset you or anyone at your site, and I dont want any fan fare in stepping down as a moderator (a roll, to be quite honest I treasured) but I can not tolerate this anymore.

Please do not delete this post Wayne, I want to continue to be your friend and share my air racing experiences at AAFO....I just can no longer perform the moderator duties in the capacity I expect of myself, or uphold the standard expected here at AAFO

I will continue lurking here at AAFO, and hope to share many more air racing experiences with you and all our AAFO friends, but once again, please remove me as moderator.

Randy Goss
    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
    RIP 03/17/10

Re: Moderator Resignation

You done good over the years, my friend, and helped me out by getting rid of some posted bullsh*t just a few weeks ago.

I do hope, though, that this will mean you'll post more. I have missed your insight lately...

And, for what it's worth, I actually agree with your decision, or at least understand it. There has been a lot of crap that has gotten through the moderator process in recent months -- I can well imagine what does not get through to us "consumers".

So thanks for your service, and please post more now.

Neal

Comment

Well Randy, I'm sorry to hear it.. really sorry..

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I don't know you Randy ....BUT ...maybe you will find that "fantasy"

It really is a shame that EGO's grow so large.

I have lurked on this site since about "99" and I hate to see this happen.

You guys that "make it happen" have so much to offer here to those of us who just "watch it happen"

Thanks for everything

Comment

I think some people need to step back a bit a realize that this is just a message board on the internet.

Comment

In all of sports (including the motor kind) , i have always noticed . as any sport attracts big money, nice seems always to be displaced with too much of the ego deal... and sadly this nitch of an e-environment, is no exception.

Hey... lets all go back and race go-carts again
            BMarsh

Comment

Randy,

Sorry to hear, but I think I understand. I lurk more than I post, but from what I have seen lately, a lot of the fun has gone out of this board. Its hard to believe that is only a week away from Reno. Looking forward to talking to you and Kenny in the pits.

Tuffer

Comment

Randy:

It's the Internet, dude. It's an ugly minefield of crap where one can occasionally get rare access to spectacular knowledge and can see amazing things. It was like that when you got here... it'll be the same long after you go. I am sorry to see you bail, and will also miss your insight and humor.

-Matt
                _________
                -Matt
                Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Thanks for all your work Randy.
                  I'd have to agree, I post less and less on all the sites as it just seems to solicite attacks as of late. This is a fun place. None of it is brain surgery, and tho we are all geeks and take it seriously, some take it WAY too seriously.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Randy,

You know I lurk around here sort of like I lurk around Shafter LOL.... I rarely post because no one here talks to me. But it was cool knowing you were here. I hope you will continue to post, it so fun for the rest of us when you do. I'm sorry to see you go....But I'll see you soon. (It was good to see you last weekend....) We'll see you Thursday in the Pits!

So for now, Bill and I will just say "Later, Dude!"
                    Kathleen

Comment

Randy,
                      Sorry to see your moderate, level self go from here.
                      Thanks for working so hard, making it better here for us all!
                      Have a great,safe year at Reno-maybe see you around the pits!
                      JMurphy

Comment

Randy,
                        Moderator is a tough gig, lots of politics, very few thankful people for what you do. I don't know how you did for as long as you did. I've talked with Wayne before when he was in the stratosphere with a board issue, even warned him ahead of time when I decided to "kick the honey bucket over" with my opinion.

I have recently found it is better to come on in like you would a little airport cafe and talk about the old days, smile when your done and pay your bill, get up and go.

Believe me it is much more satisfactory than ripping the wings off of little birds, and throwing the feathers around. I won't be at Reno this year. Sometime when your going to be in Shafter, call ahead, I'll come out and sit and chew the fat.
                        John Slack

Comment

Hi Randy !

Thanks for having done the job well.
                          I lurk here usually when you guys are sleeping and I hardly ever see any ugly posts when here.

I have been busy babysitting. Our little daughter Lotta Amanda Sofia is now 4 months and weighs 6,2 kilos and she is 63,5 cm tall. She "flies" accasionally in daddy's arms.

If you have seen the news in Europe then you know that Greece has had very bad forest fires. 100 villages burned and 63 dead at least. Finland offered help in fire fighting, but we lack heavy planes that were needed in Greece.

God help us, if the weather gets any worse in the future !

rgds,

Juke
                          http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Randy,

Very sorry to hear this... it's a tuff gig and I understand all too well what drives ya to want to not be a moderator. Maybe in the long run it will allow you to enjoy the forums more, but rest assured, your absence from the moderator team will be missed.

Hghest regards for your service to us over the years - you ARE one of the good guys
                            Mark K....

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work and help keeping this a great forum to read and communicate with others that share this great passion for air racing!!
                              My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Working...
                              X