A Challenge for Fossett, Ahlstrom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Challenge for Fossett, Ahlstrom...

How about going after the all out piston-prop record after you all are done with the landspeed record?!

- John

Re: A Challenge for Fossett, Ahlstrom...

Originally posted by John
    How about going after the all out piston-prop record after you all are done with the landspeed record?!

- John
    Steve has a large number of record projects in the works, many of them in aviation. In the last year, he has set the absolute sailplane altitude and 1250 km triangle records. The latter stood for 20 years and attempts to break it had been made on almost every continent.

At the moment, this team is focused on the absolute land speed record. Where we go after that will depend on what records Steve is interested in. I know that he does not like to talk about pursuing any specific record until he is actually doing it.
    Eric Ahlstrom

Comment

Re: A Challenge for Fossett, Ahlstrom...

Originally posted by Blue Foam
      Steve has a large number of record projects in the works, many of them in aviation. In the last year, he has set the absolute sailplane altitude and 1250 km triangle records. The latter stood for 20 years and attempts to break it had been made on almost every continent.

At the moment, this team is focused on the absolute land speed record. Where we go after that will depend on what records Steve is interested in. I know that he does not like to talk about pursuing any specific record until he is actually doing it.
      Thanks very much for the reply. As a glider pilot I find the sailplane records very impressive.
      Good luck to the team on the assault of the land speed record, and it's nice that an attempt will be made at Bonneville.

Comment

Working...
      X