Indianapolis Airshow ~ Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indianapolis Airshow ~ Photos

Here's a quick look at some of the photos I took at this year's Indy Airshow, at Mount Comfort, Indiana. Saturday, the clouds were low, so the Blue Angels couldn't do a high-show, nor could the Red Bull MiG-17. Sunday, it was severe-clear, and a gorgeous day for an airshow. The way the show is set up in Indy is: All of the warbirds (fighters, bombers, trainers, and liasons) all take off, and each group stacks up above the field and orbits until the group at hand is done and recovers, and the elements drop down to do their low passes. In a nutshell, all of the warbirds are circling above the airport the whole time, and it makes for a great show!

Nobody wants to hear me ramble on, so check out my shots below, I've photoshopped most if not all of them, but I hope you like them!

We'll start with the Blues...

And the warbird show, a great surprise came Saturday morning when Ed Lindsay showed up from Sarasota in his Cavalier Mustang!

And to cap the day off, John Shuttleworth in his Yak-52TW

I hope you liked the shots!
    Trey

Re: Indianapolis Airshow ~ Photos

Trey - fantastic shots! I was hoping some great photog's would post their stuff. I was there Sunday - a perfect day. I went the last two years and took weak shots with my point and shoot digital thing...so this year I just enjoyed the show and hoped for some great shots from you guys. Post a link to your website - I'd like to buy a few of your shots - I really liked the Cavalier Mustang shots - and some you took of the Blues. It was a great show. I would've loved to have seen a military demo, but I understand the logistics for all that didn't work out as that was the mandatory weekend off for the East demo teams (I think I read that some where - but I'm not 100% sure).
    Mike S
    www.indyairshow.com
    www.indytransponder.com

Comment

Great angle on the B&W of the Corsair. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by drmull
        Great angle on the B&W of the Corsair. Thanks for posting!

I'm with you!! That's a GREAT B/W pic of the Corsair.

Sorry guys, but the Cavalier Mustang just doesn't do it for me. The tip tanks really take away from the sleakness the Mustangs are known for.

Great photos, thanks for sharing!!

FBK

Comment

Originally posted by Fly-By Knight
          I'm with you!! That's a GREAT B/W pic of the Corsair.

Sorry guys, but the Cavalier Mustang just doesn't do it for me. The tip tanks really take away from the sleakness the Mustangs are known for.

Great photos, thanks for sharing!!

FBK
          I'm with both of you, great corsair shot!

Jarrod

Comment

I always enjoy your photo posts, Trey. Intelligent well-seen stuff is always welcome. Please keep posting...

Neal

Comment

Nice shots Trey. Looked for you Sunday around Tom Woods P51, but didn't see anyone I thought looked familiar.

First airshow with my Canon 30D. Looking through my shots the one thing I noticed with 320 images is I need a longer lens. 135mm is not anywhere close enough for the shooting I want to do.

Here are couple from Sunday, pretty much as they came from the camera. Only did a little cropping.

Overall it was a good show.

Enjoy
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X