Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stead Update

A big howdy to all.

I spent several hours at Stead today, and it really paid off.

First things first...I got to met Jimmy Leeward!! It was an honor to meet such a great guy. All I can say is wow...what a nice guy. Jimmy looked like he was having a great time today with Cloud Dancer and company.

Since my visit Friday, there have been lots of progress on the 'Bear'!! As of my departure from the airport, things were really taking shape!! The team cycled the gear several times, made a few adjustments, completed an emergency gear down check, and everything is looking great. Don't know if the motor got ran this afternoon or not, but that should happen at any time now.

I've also got some more video, both of the 'Bear', and of 'Cloud Dancer' doing some dancing. Not many clouds around to dance with today, but she sure looked good.

Have a great day!!!

Lonnie
    Attached Files

Re: Stead Update

The Bear's crew really knows how to push the limits of time!! 2 weeks left and it looks like they still have a lot to do. But then again, we've seem 'em work 24/7, and never give up before. I'm confident we'll see The Bear turning the pylons during race week.

Good luck to both Rare Bear and Cloud Dancer!!

Thanks for the pics Lonnie!!

FBK

Comment

Lonnie,
      Thanks for the update and pictures. Both are great!
      Kathleen

Comment

Do you think they will have the Bear painted before race week?
        Troy

Comment

Originally posted by T-fly
          Do you think they will have the Bear painted before race week?
          It is painted, white. According to the crew, they probably won't have time to apply all the color, so it will probably stay all white, but you just never know........ Engine and systems checks, plus flight testing is what's important right now.......
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

They do want to get something other than plain white on the plane. But that will be if time permits. I think they was getting ready for an engine run, but there were some other things they wanted to get finished before letting the plane down off of the jacks. They are so very close to an engine run that I can hear it.

I did stop by today, more progress has been made, the 'Bear' was down off of the jacks, and it looks like they are down to the million little things to do and check. Their confidence is high...and if I thought it would help, I would buy a skirt and some pompoms to cheer them on!!!

Lonnie

Comment

Working...
            X