Pics from KAPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from KAPA

Here are some pictures I took at this year's "Concourse D'Elegance" held at Centennial Airport in Denver. This is an annual charity event that benefits a local children's hospital. Lots of great aircraft as well as classic and exotic cars on display. I'm hoping these pictures come through, this is the first time I've posted pictures on here. Keep in mind, these are simply snapshots. I'm not even in the same photographer's universe as Victor Archer or Mark Johnson, as well as some of you other fantastic shots out there.

Hope you enjoy,
    FBK

Re: Pics from KAPA

SORRY!! Let me work on this. I'll have the pics up soon!!!

FBK

Comment

Oh come on...hurry up will you!!!

I know the feeling of missing pics. Makes me feel a little

I had trouble today with it again, they were there, and then they wasn't...I just put in a link to them instead.

Lonnie

Comment

OK, Lonnie, or anyone else, please give me a hand. When I created this thread, I clicked on the Manage Attachments button, and linked each picture to the standard "browse" fields. Then I submitted the thread. I did not resize the pictures, in fact, I'm not really sure how to do that. The pics are currently jpg format and 2304 x 1728 in size. Is that too big? It sounds like it to me.

Obviously I don't know what I'm talking about, or what I'm trying to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
        FBK

Comment

FBK... uploaded images have an 800 pixel wide limit set on them.. one pix over and she'll reject em'
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

OK, let's see if I've got 'em now!

FBK
            Attached Files

Comment

SWEET!!! It worked!!

Thanks for the help,
              FBK

Comment

Congrats! Well, worth the effort.
                Joe

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  FBK... uploaded images have an 800 pixel wide limit set on them.. one pix over and she'll reject em'

So now I know the secret!!!

Lonnie

Comment

Great pics and thanks for sharing, is that sea fury stock? I ask because the only other stock sea fury I have seen has the 5 bladed prop.

Again, thanks for posting!

Comment

Stock was a Bristol Centaurus radial, with much attendant complexity. Most American Sea Furies have been converted to an R3350 with a 4 bladed Skyraider prop, as in this example.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                        Great pics and thanks for sharing, is that sea fury stock? I ask because the only other stock sea fury I have seen has the 5 bladed prop.

Again, thanks for posting!

Wingman is right. This Sea Fury, like most, has been converted to use the Wright R-3350. It has had a few relatively minor modifications for racing (ADI, Water injection, tighter fitting cowl and spinner, etc.), but overall it's airframe is stock, unlike, say "Critical Mass" or "September Fury." It races as Unlimited Race #21 "Sea Hawk."

Glad you enjoied the pics,
                        FBK

Comment

The racing sea furies I am familiar with but the only stock fury I have seen was at the Nevada County air show. A while back I posted a pic of it. Was an awsome bird indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
                            Stock was a Bristol Centaurus radial, with much attendant complexity. Most American Sea Furies have been converted to an R3350 with a 4 bladed Skyraider prop, as in this example.
                            The Skyraider prop is an Aeroproducts product. Hollow steel blade with a self contained operating mechanism in the hub.
                            Many of the 3350 powered Sea Furys use the Ham Standard props which feature Alum blades and a hub mechanism which uses oil from the engine to operate.
                            The SF pics have a Ham Std decal on the prop blades.
                            The Skyraider props are not so plentiful as the Ham Std's are.
                            Rich

Comment

Joe T the owner of the Mustang and I think the SeaFury is a good GUY
                              He helped the Santa Fe Air Show get our 501C3
                              Also is a regular at RENO
                              Ken
                              I'll be in Box 47a
                              Possibly the only one with a DFC white hat and a 100-400IS
                              I havent met any of the other forum members that I know of
                              Been at RENO since mid 70s
                              Also in spot 62 West RV lot NM Plate Discovery
                              I think one of the food groups is BEER STOP BY

Comment

Working...
                              X