HI*G Returns To The Skies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI*G Returns To The Skies...

Today, after a winter project, we finally got Tom Wood's P-51 known as "HI*G" flying after we totally gutted the gear wells, and rebuilt all of the components, new paint, the whole 9 yards. Frank Strickler came up from Texas today to give the Mustang a spin, and everythin went as planned :supz: artyman:

It would be a crime if I posted this topic with no pictures, but before you check them out, know that there was severe metorlogical phenomenon (clouds :wink: ) so lighting wasn't the best, the sun popped out every now and then, but it was a beautiful day for flying.

And now the pics.

Trey

And proof I didn't photoshop the flying portions...

Just to proove Frank is old-skool, he uses grease-pen everytime he flies, you should see the canopy when he gets to OSH!

Hope You Enjoyed!

Re: HI*G Returns To The Skies...

Trey,

We are probably going to have to kill you...

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
      My compliments! Very nice!
      OH shut up Rookie!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
        My compliments! Very nice!
        Accepting contributions for the "THROW TYSON UNDER THE PRESS BUS FOUNDATION"

Willing to "convert" "save the hard drive" fund $$ into "screw Tyson over" fund dollars..

OH GOD TYSON.. YOU KNOW I'M KIDDING DO'NT YOU???

Some of the Chix who fly also have led me to wonder who knows who loves you!!!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Trey's other favorite Wood toy!
          Attached Files
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Nice set of shots Trey -- I'm with Tyson on the grease pencil shot -- also really rather like the almost monochrome taxi shot under the leaden sky. Fun and interesting stuff...

Neal

Comment

Neal, and everyone else, thank you

Wayne,
              You've got to try and find me in Indiana's vast amount of cornfields first!

Tyson,
              I really appreciate your comments, I didn't think it was you that said them at first until I re-read your post. I've alway's admired your work, and it means alot! You may not remember me, but when you shot the Mig-Fury Team and a Sabre out of the Green Dragon, I was the kid who set you up with the harness, since then I check your portfolio regularly to see your latest work, and me likes!!!

Does anyone have pictures from Reno, 1988 I believe, Tom had the Mustang out there, and I don't know if he raced or not.

Thanks,

Trey

Comment

Trey -- I do remember the airplane there -- Don't know if I have any pictures of it or not. No time to go digging right now, but if you put up a reminder a few weeks after the Races I can have a look.

Didn't he have his Sabre at Reno one year? Or maybe I saw it at Oshkosh...

Damn, where DID I put those missing brain cells...

Neal

Comment

it was there in 1980 cant remember if it was there after that. Shawn

Comment

Working...
                  X