Jon Sharp, status report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Sharp, status report

For those of you who haven't seen it, Jon has posted a news release on his website regarding his health.
    (He is scheduled to sit out this years race).
    Seems he had a kidney go bad, for unknown reasons, and required a transplant. Step in Trish for a donation, (that $20.00 to Merlin's Magic doesn't seem that much now, does it). Talk about community property.....
    Anyway both appear to be doing well.
    Hope they'll check-in, and let us know first hand.
    Here's wishing you both a speedy recovery, and hope to see you both, real soon.

Paul

Re: Jon Sharp, status report

Get well and get back soon Jon.

Comment

I just checked the Nemisis NXT site and it says they're working hard and getting ready for this year's race. It also says that Jon has been returned to full pilot status. I didn't see anything there indicating they were sitting out this year. Did I miss something or is there some other site with more recent news?

In any event, it's great to hear it was caught early on and that Jon and Patricia are both doing well.
      Sky Critter

Comment

Awhile back somebody said Skip Holm will pilot for Jon.......... B.

Comment

I had a kidney transplant 11 years ago, and as long as Jon takes his anti-rejection meds faithfully, he should do just fine. Some of the meds make you feel like cr*p for a while, but it gets better with time. My brother donated for me, so I have an idea how Trish feels.

Jon, get well soon. I know you will feel better with a good working kidney.

Sparky

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter
            I didn't see anything there indicating they were sitting out this year. Did I miss something or is there some other site with more recent news?
            Tim Adams reported here, a while back, "from Skips mouth", at Oshkosh, that he would be filling in for Jon this year.
            Great news if Jon's up to speed.

Paul

Comment

Hey Paul,
              Sorry man, I think I misinterpreted your first post... I took it as the whole team was standing down this year. I've also heard that Skip was piloting Nemesis this year. Maybe that announcement was made prior to Jon getting his wings back. I guess we'll know who's driving in a couple of weeks
              Sky Critter

Comment

Working...
              X