Clear All

• for Speedemon

well not the greatest picture thought you might like it shawn
    Attached Files

Re: for Speedemon

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
    well not the greatest picture thought you might like it shawn
    NICE, Shawn!!!

Bubba Beal AND John Parker in the same shot!!!!!!!!

Comment

a 109 racing?
      When was it?

Thanks for the interesting shot.

Comment

...and you're not curious about the Cessna?

Comment

thats why i put these pictures up?

Comment

The ME-109 (obviously a Hispano HA-1112) belonged to Bubba Beal. In 1981 he brought it to Reno as part of a mock-dogfight routine with a Spitfire. Bubba also ran it around the course in a qualification attempt, but was too slow. On Saturday, after the dogfight with Jerry Billings, Bubba groundlooped the plane on landing and severely damaged it. He donated it to the Planed of Fame Musuem, and it is currently part of their collection.

Ironically, this was the same ME-109 that the Whittington Brothers had entered at Reno '76, but had to withdraw when they found metal in the screens at Las Vegas during the ferry flight from Phoenix to Reno (in company with Precious Metal and Double Trouble).

The Cessna, #33 Rolling Hills Aviation is being flown by John Parker. I don't remember who else was in on this deal....Phil Fogg, maybe? But yes, they entered the plane in the Unlimited class but qualified too slow to race. I believe that Parker holds the record for most unsuccessful qualifying attempts in different aircraft for the Unlimiteds: The Cessna in 1981, the JP-350 in 1989, and the Glassair III in 1997.

Comment

Working...
            X