Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STEADFAST LOOKING FOR AN HAMILTON STANDARD PROP GUY to Build my race prop for Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEADFAST LOOKING FOR AN HAMILTON STANDARD PROP GUY to Build my race prop for Reno

Anyone know who builds Ham Stan props freelance? I have a bunch of 43D50 parts and 3 Mod'd S2 blades and cant find anyone nearby to build it before Reno. Any Ideas?
    SteadFast

Re: STEADFAST LOOKING FOR AN HAMILTON STANDARD PROP GUY to Build my race prop for Reno

Originally posted by Whiteside
    Anyone know who builds Ham Stan props freelance? I have a bunch of 43D50 parts and 3 Mod'd S2 blades and cant find anyone nearby to build it before Reno. Any Ideas?
    SteadFast
    West Pac in Rialto.

Comment

Re: STEADFAST LOOKING FOR AN HAMILTON STANDARD PROP GUY to Build my race prop for Reno

Whats up with Steadfast?
      Seems a bit late to be looking for a crew chief and prop builder.

Comment

There's a prop shop in Stockton.......not at the airport.......I think they've only been opened for a year or so.........I believe this is a completely different group then was at the airport for years. Might give them a try...they may do it an exchange for a little promotional name on the plane......might be worth a call. Also a prop shop in Bakersfield at Shafter........been in Bakersfield for years. Good luck
        Brian

Comment

Will, call Dan Vance and get Zacks shop phone no from him. His shop is in Isleton and he will build just about antyhing. ss

Comment

Re: STEADFAST LOOKING FOR AN HAMILTON STANDARD PROP GUY to Build my race prop for Ren

Stockton lost thier HS guy in July month, we have been trying to get him back to do this one with no avail. Zach is too busy, Tin man, You should be banned from this forum. Every year you're rude comments amaze me. Do you think there is a team in this business that isn't trying to slip in under the wire? We are all tasked to the max. I personally have spent nearly every day, all day and night since the moment I closed the hangar doors after we landed back from the races last year working my tail off wondering if I will make the deadline. You don't have a clue!!!!!
            Thanks for the emails from the sincere.
            Cheers,
            Willl

Comment

Might be a bit far for you, Pacific Propeller in Kent WA ( www.pacificpropeller.com ). Also, Western Aircraft Propeller in Troutdale OR ( westernaircraftpropeller.com ). They both do (or have done) props for experimental's and racing.

Comment

Try Eric at Golden State Prop in San Luis Obispo. He is working with a couple of Sports class and is a great guy. 544 8356

Comment

I agree with the "Steadfast" crew,we don't need bad remarks when someone needs help.There are racers that are still looking for help after they arrive in Reno so unless you walk in their shoes help when you can.
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

Hey Will,
                    Still working on finding my way back to STS for that ride in Lady Jo. In the meantime, how about American Propeller Service in Redding? http://www.americanpropeller.com/ That is about the only company I know of in the neighborhood. They used to do work for Bob Hoover and several other owners. Wish I could come down and build it, but alas that is not possible right now. Can't be much different than what we run on the Dash 8 200. I mean, any A&P with experience can read a book, right? Good luck and I hope to meet you in Reno this year.
                    Bill
                    Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Re: STEADFAST LOOKING FOR AN HAMILTON STANDARD PROP GUY to Build my race prop for Ren

Will,

My name is Wayne Johnson. We met in Chico at Aero Union. I am currently down in No. Hollywood completing the purchase of the California Propeller overhaul shop. Aero Union is currently operating the shop in No. Hollywood and have plenty of 43D50 experience. We plan to have it moved and operational in Chico by the end of October. I might be able to help you while we are down here before Reno. Give me a call on my cell phone 530-966-1398 and we can discuss your needs.

Best regards,

Wayne Johnson
                      General Manager
                      Aero Union Corporation Propeller Services
                      Chico, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer
                        I gotta agree with Will on this one. Go back and read his post about needing a Crew Chief and note that he said he recently lost his one from last year to Rod Davis and The Bear.

I would venture that the effort on the prop started some time ago. But, like several other racers I know, the best laid plans sometimes get a visit from Murphy.

Will and the Steadfast team proved last year that they were there to put on a good show (which they did), be available to the fans (which they were), and have a good time (which judging by the smile on his face post race, I say was accomplished).

What he needs is more folks offering to lend a hand...not a slap down.

PS: Will, when I'm done with my other taskings each day, I'll gladly swing down and do whatever I can to help. Hope it works out. Fly safe.

And Will, since I'm admittedly not a prop expert, will gladly volunteer to 'entertain' the women in your t-shirt booth. By knowing they are in good hands and well taken care of, that will free up your emotional stress and let you focus on much more important things.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                          And Will, since I'm admittedly not a prop expert, will gladly volunteer to 'entertain' the women in your t-shirt booth. By knowing they are in good hands and well taken care of, that will free up your emotional stress and let you focus on much more important things.
                          That's what I like about you Brad, always willing to sacrifice yourself for the greater good
                          Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Tin Man..

Many of you seem to know "Tom" tin man and several have requested his membership be banned. In reviewing his past posting history, after much head scratching and deep thought, (contrary to popular belief, I do not like banning anyone) I have decided to go with the requests and ban Tin man.

If Tom wants to have me reconsider this, I'm open to conversation after one month's time..

We don't need negativity here, if everyone in air racing were as skeptical as Tin Man, we probably would not have any one racing at all..

OK..

You asked, I did..

Good Luck Will!!!!! You certainly deserve it! We're all pulling for you and, if you need it, feel free to ask for financial help. You've got some fans, there's over 1000 of us here, some pretty active, lots just lurking. If you need a few bux, put out the call... we can help!

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Wayja
                              Will,

My name is Wayne Johnson. We met in Chico at Aero Union. I am currently down in No. Hollywood completing the purchase of the California Propeller overhaul shop. Aero Union is currently operating the shop in No. Hollywood and have plenty of 43D50 experience. We plan to have it moved and operational in Chico by the end of October. I might be able to help you while we are down here before Reno. Give me a call on my cell phone 530-966-1398 and we can discuss your needs.

Best regards,

Wayne Johnson
                              General Manager
                              Aero Union Corporation Propeller Services
                              Chico, CA
                              Dude....Aero Union has P-3's. I can see a P-3 prop on Steadfast come 2008. I say go for it, Will!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X