40 Years Ago Encore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 Years Ago Encore

Here are the last of my color shots from the 1967 races. At the time it took most of my available cash to simply attend the races, and color film just about broke the bank in those days, so I was limited to 1 one roll of Kodachrome! This is one area where the good ole' days weren't so great when compared to today's digital world with virtually unlimited picture taking at a low cost. I will dig through my black & white images to see if I can find some classics.
    Attached Files

Re: 40 Years Ago Encore

That's really cool stuff thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Reno64
      Here are the last of my color shots from the 1967 races. At the time it took most of my available cash to simply attend the races, and color film just about broke the bank in those days, so I was limited to 1 one roll of Kodachrome! This is one area where the good ole' days weren't so great when compared to today's digital world with virtually unlimited picture taking at a low cost. I will dig through my black & white images to see if I can find some classics.

See the yellow Bardahl sticker just under the cockpit of the black #11 Bearcat? There is a reason for that.....

I have video of Chuck Lyford doing an aerobatic routine in that very Bearcat at the 1967 Gold Cup hydroplane race in Seattle.

Comment

Great stuff in color or B/W. Thanks for letting us share the memories.
        "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Great pics. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Thanks! Those are great, thanks for taking the time to share!
            JMurphy

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
              See the yellow Bardahl sticker just under the cockpit of the black #11 Bearcat? There is a reason for that.....
              Besides sponsorship?
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

SixtyFour.. I'm always impressed! There are some really good shooters here, NONE of them have as deep history as you show!

Thanks from everyone here for the personal history of RENO!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                X