4 nites at the races :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 nites at the races :)

Just reserved my campsite (tent) at the church for the show, will be there from wed morning early thru sat nite and leave after the banquet. I am totally stoked!!

Re: 4 nites at the races

NICE...Is this the first time camping for you?

Comment

Scepter, yes, I have always wanted to make a couple days and I worked it so that I can see the whole event, pit passes and all. I may only be feeding my family top ramen for the next few weeks, but hey at least they get to eat

Comment

You'll love it.The first time I stayed on site we arrived late fri night.Then early sat morning Dago and Skip were up over the field at about 2500agl.It sounded real cool because there was an overcast and that merlin was winding out pretty good.

Comment

every year that I have gone I have gotten there by 530am and seen the same, there is always someone who makes a test run. Love it and I think it makes your coffee taste better to plus it helps the wait till the gates open.

Comment

I always thought the best part of camping on-site was the evening flying.
            Have fun!
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

A great place to be if the wind is not blowing. No pa system. No skip & flips. Just old airplanes, old friends at the greatest show on earth. Stop by Leo and have a beer with us. ss

Comment

Is the wind ever NOT blowing?
                I definately will Steve.
                I'll be out there all week, in the pits Sat., Sun., Mon., Tues. and Wed. so I should have time!
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Bob, you gotta be there for Monday and Tuesday!!!! They are the most exciting days! Bring a scanner and a stopwatch. And remember that all payments to the Catholic Church are considered donations and are tax deductible...I will be there the first Saturday on the red Motorcycle in the big dirt lot next to the Church for nine nights. (the church sells great showers, thankfully)

Comment

Father O'Malley says "tis good t' camp at Holy Mither th' Charch"........

Comment

Hey,
                      sorry foir not replying, just got back from 4 days camping and brown trout hunting, caught two over 4lbs so it was a great trip, the 10lber I want still eludes me though.
                      So I may head up earlier than wednesday, but I will be there for sure wed morning at 6am.

Comment

Is Father O'Malley the Priest with the lawyers' degree and CPA who the Church brings in to monitor the fund raising? He is quite a charactor...
                        I often see him near the church entrance in the dark at 6am when I go in for breakfast and he always kids me that I am "late".

Comment

Actually, I forget the priest's real name but I think we're talking about the same man. Very nice person......B

Comment

Yea, he really is a good guy...didnt know who he was and I kidded him back in a fun way every day and am really glad I didnt give him too much grief as one day he walks in during breakfast and folks called him "father" and I almost fell out of my chair!

Comment

we will be "upgrading" from the dirt lot to the church this year. a friend of my father can't make the trip. so, we bought his spot at the church. will be there wed. night until sunday in pop's rv. see you there!

Comment

Working...
                              X