Rare Bear update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear update?

Does anyone know if Rare Bear did engine runs this weekend? I figure if they did, someone would have reported it right? With pictures?

Thank you,

Wayne

Re: Rare Bear update?

Hey Wayja and welcome to the boards.
    look here http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showthread.php?t=5201 and here http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showthread.php?t=5095

Thats it for the most uptodate info, if you searched Rare Bear here you may get more as its a well discussed ac.

Bob

Comment

My understanding is that they did not run the engine this weekend.. They are working VERY VERY long days and nights, as many as 10 people (and more) at a time on the airplane.

I think the drama between GG and RB getting ready for this year may well go down as some of the best "behind the scenes racing" in many years!

How fantastic is it that guys like Rod Lewis and Jimmy Leeward are hanging it all out to get these airplanes to RENO!

I say, WE all get together and throw THEM a smoke oil party this year!!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I have tried to get out every other day they are working on a lot . shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
          I have tried to get out every other day they are working on a lot . shawn
          Shawn,

It's important to get the history recorded!! Please ask Dave to let you take pictures.. let him know, you'll honor any release prior to "history" I can't be there or I'd be shooting all day long and night long!

I'll try to get him on the phone and let him know, I had to change gears and will not be down tomorrow as previously planned.. If I can have those of you down there with cameras get the history in the books.. that's going to be super!!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The guys are hitting it hard!! Every time I see the Bear I can almost hear that engine shaking the ground. I will say that it looks like all major structural work is completed. I think they are down to the point where Ops Checks will be happening soon.
            JetWaste

Comment

For me during the week, it really depends on if my dispatcher sends me out that way to deliver or pickup freight. He knows I want to go out there, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Lonnie

Comment

I go thru Stead at around 7 PM, last 2 times I stopped after work they were closed up.
                Stopped by once this weekend and same thing, doors closed. Can't blame em, it was wiiiiindy!
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                X