Canon 40D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 40D

Well, it's out. -6.5 frames per second -14bit -3in live view LCD -10.1mega-pixles -Sensor cleaner. maybe next summer.
    As anticipated Canon has today announced the successor to the hugely popular EOS 30D digital SLR. Enter the EOS 40D, headline improvements are a more robust build with weather-proofing, ten megapixel CMOS sensor, DIGIC III and 1D style menus, 6.5 fps continuous shooting, three custom user modes on mode dial, 3.0" LCD monitor, Live View with optional mirror-drop auto-focus, larger brighter viewfinder with interchangeable focusing screens, much shorter viewfinder blackout and a quieter mirror mechanism, a all new AF system with all nine points cross-type with F5.6 or faster lens and a new optional combo vertical / WiFi grip. UPDATED: Detailed preview posted.

Jarrod

Re: Canon 40D

I'll wait to see if it has issues. Probably get it next spring, and dump my 20D on Ebay. Weather proof is a huge plus. I was a little worried in the rain at Road America last weekend. All my "L" stuff with the exception of the 100-400 is weather proof too, so I'll be able to shoot in the pouring rain.

Comment

I like the sensor cleaning as well. I was looking at a xti over a 30D because of it. Now I think I will wait a little longer. That is assuming that my Digital Rebel holds togethor a little longer. Had it since 2003, and going strong.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Figures... I bought a 30D on Friday. Oh well, I guess I'll have the warm fuzzy from using it for the next year.
        Bill Garnett
        InterstellarDust
        Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

The 30D works great! I can't complain. It takes better shots right out of the box than any(film) camera I've ever owned. The only thing we need now is a nice L lense.

Comment

It's hard to resist the temptation to pre-order... but I will. My plan is to wait for the web/mag reviews to roll in, listen to the internet chatter and then check the bank account and see if it's a viable option. Either way, I don't think I'll ever dump my 20D. I can always use it as a back up or pit body.
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

I purchased a 40D today, so you should see some shots here when I get back from the races on Monday.

It got great reviews from the counter guys at the camera shop and a fellow customer that said his father-in-law loves his (and he had a 5D).

Comment

As some of you know, I had problems with my 30D at Reno. the good news is Best Buy not only took it back after their 14 day return period, they let me trade it straight across for a 40D. I'm impressed. I just picked it up this evening, but I already like it better than the 30.
                Bill Garnett
                InterstellarDust
                Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Originally posted by Bill@Interstell
                  As some of you know, I had problems with my 30D at Reno. the good news is Best Buy not only took it back after their 14 day return period, they let me trade it straight across for a 40D. I'm impressed. I just picked it up this evening, but I already like it better than the 30.
                  Now that is a good deal!!

Comment

Working...
                  X