RENO ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RENO ???

Only three weeks til 'my Reno 07' starts. Cant wait. All you hot dog photogs out there are going to date yourselves if tou know what year I took this way out 500mm hand held shot on my Nikon FTN. Now tell me who they are. ss
    Attached Files

Re: RENO ???

O.K. Spinner, here goes. Even though it's before my time, (LOL) I would say it's around 1972. The pilots are: (L to R) Cliff Cummins, John Herlihy?, Clay Lacy, Darryl Greenamyer, and Chuck Lyford? Just guessing, but I know three of them are right.....
    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Cliff Cummins, 727???,Clay Lacy, Greenamyer, Leroy Penhall

Anthony
      "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Lets me see Cliff Cummings Lyle Shelton ABLE DOG Clacy lacy Darrly Grennmeryer (Greeney) Bob Hoover shawn

Comment

or that could be Leroy Penhall

Comment

Or Bob Hoover flying Penhall's Mustang...

Comment

Wow. Some of you guys are WAAAAAY off.

Lyford stopped racing in 1967, by the way.

That is 1969. Bear's first year in mustard primer and race #70 (because Jim Fugate in the 'long winged' Mustang had the #77 registration), and the first year for Dr. Cliff in a 'stock' Miss Candace.

That is Hoover flying Leroy Penhall's Mustang as the pace plane. RLP built up the Mustang for Leroy (which a lot of people will say was one of the nicest Mustangs of the day both in appearance and in flying tendencies)...but Leroy only had a Private ticket. He was not aware that a Commercial was required in order to race. He was so disappointed that he was ready to throw in the towel...but when something happened to Hoover's N2215D, he borrowed Penhall's Mustang (Race 81, by the way), to use as the pace. After flying it, Hoover was so impressed, he went to Penhall and said "Look, you have an incredible airplane here...go get more hours, get your ticket, and come back next year". Leroy did just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
                Lets me see Cliff Cummings Lyle Shelton ABLE DOG Clacy lacy Darrly Grennmeryer (Greeney) Bob Hoover shawn
                Way to go Shawn and Speedmom gives it up about Penhalls ride. You people are way too sharp. See ya in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                X