Dago Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago Red

Last I heard Dago was for sale for around 1.2 million. I notice she is not registered for this years race at Reno. Does anyone know what her status is?

With Strega running stock and no Dago on the list, I'm thinking The Bear is going to have it all.

Re: Dago Red

Welcome to the board! Read the threads and all your questions will be answered.

Comment

Dago red is taking a year off.

Tiger is just having "fun" this year....yup.

Rare bear is looking good but,not finished yet.

BTW are you new here?

Comment

Originally posted by Airpirate
        Last I heard Dago was for sale for around 1.2 million. I notice she is not registered for this years race at Reno. Does anyone know what her status is?

With Strega running stock and no Dago on the list, I'm thinking The Bear is going to have it all.

Let's not forget about 1 very fast Sea Fury, #232!!!

FBK

Comment

Yes,

I'm new here, thanks for the replies

And yes that Fury always looks good.

Best,

PJ

Comment

Welcome to Pylon1

Lonnie

Comment

Welcome to Pylon1
              Have I traveled back in time?

SA

Comment

Nope...I just live in the past...but to be honest, I'm not sure what you mean.

Lonnie

Originally posted by Smee Again
                Have I traveled back in time?

SA

Comment

Look back at your original post. Since when has AAFO.com become Pylon1? Did I miss something?

SA

Comment

Look back at your original post. Since when has AAFO.com become Pylon1? Did I miss something?

SA
                    LOL.. easy enough to get all mixed up.. Mark and I sort of "merged" a couple of years ago now, actually growing on four I think.. HOPEFULLY, he's going to have more free time coming up soon and hanging round Doc and the guys will get him interested in the other kind of Mustangs again!

We've had the "Pylon 1 AAFO.COM" combo logo on most of the new pages of the site for quite a time.. When he did the logo for me, I asked him if he would put Pylon1.com on it to honor our VERY long friendship!

To the new guy... WELCOME!

We're a pretty nice bunch here most of the time, if you like air racing, heck, all you have to do is like airplanes, you'll fit RIGHT in.. never be afraid to ask a question, there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers...

We can be a prett opinionated bunch at times, I suspect, the old hands will make you prove yourself a bit before too many "unchallenged" opinions will get past them..

Welcome to the hangar! Pull up a bucket and make yourself at home!

Wayne Sagar
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

[

Welcome to the hangar! Pull up a bucket and make yourself at home!

Wayne Sagar[/QUOTE]

Hey Wayner, is that bucket for all the Bull Shznitzell on here?
                      Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Just make sure you don't bring the bucket into the pits. No chairs allowed!!

Comment

SA
                          Well.... if you type "pylon1.com" in your browser.... where does it take you?

From WAY back, I had two links on my home page for air racing, one for P1 and one for AAFO. When the merger happened, I changed the text that formerly linked to Pylon1 so that it takes me straight here to the message board. The old AAFO link still takes me to the front page. Sorta my tribute to the memory of Pylon1

Comment

Actually if you go to www.archive.org and type in pylon1.com, there still is stuff from the site you can read. Don't know if it is on Wayne's servers or what, but it is still out there.

Reno Air Races and air racing news, photography, video, history and much more. Pylon1.com - Where Air Racing Begins!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
                              Actually if you go to www.archive.org and type in pylon1.com, there still is stuff from the site you can read. Don't know if it is on Wayne's servers or what, but it is still out there.

http://web.archive.org/web/200104051...m/index1.shtml
                              Wow.. interesting utility and no, the content is not served/hosted from here but gee.. I'd argue that they are in HUGE violation of copyright by doing wha they are doing.

On the one hand, I sort of can see this as a bit of a "public service" on the other hand, it's pure and simple violation of copyright law. They have grabbed content and are now hosting it on their server for public viewing.

I suppose, you could look at it as a sort of "ditital library of congress" but.. still, leaves me scratching my head about copyright.. particularly, after being asked by Scotty Gee to remove one of Tachi's scans, originally hosted on Scotty's site, but uploaded here.

Now, Tachi visits here.. I've not met him, but would wager, he'd probably allow us to use his work here..

That said, I can understand Scotty Gee's wishes to get stuff that has his watermark on it (even though it's not his original work) off here..

I truly don't know where to come down on this one..

Tachi.. sort of but if you read this.. Would be nice to get your works up here so we don't have to have heartburn when someone references it..

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X