Rare Bear on tv.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear on tv.

channel 8 just did a story on |RB. It looks almost ready with 4 bladed prop. The plane has been moved into another hanger for a new paint job. Dave Cornell is now the crew chief. He is quoted as saying " if anyone beats Rare Bear, then they deserve it" GREAT STORY...
    MG

Re: Rare Bear on tv.

Originally posted by racersedge
    channel 8 just did a story on |RB. It looks almost ready with 4 bladed prop. The plane has been moved into another hanger for a new paint job. Dave Cornell is now the crew chief. He is quoted as saying " if anyone beats Rare Bear, then they deserve it" GREAT STORY...
    Was it on the KOLO news???
    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Yes, KOLO (www.kolotv.com). Maybe they'll put the clip on their site -- or if they don't, maybe they will if asked nicely by a few hundred fans (hint hint). Decent stuff, hangar shots with new skin, some file air-to-air. Cornell said with luck they might even spin a prop this weekend . . .

Local news is cool when it includes air racing

Comment

Don

Comment

That explains where the Bear was hiding today when I stopped by. My thanks to the crew that I met today, you guys are tops.

Lonnie

Comment

Wow.. wish I could have seen that interview with Dave!!

I think it's safe (permitted) to say, at this point, the desired paint will not get applied before RENO.. As of now, I believe she's all white, waiting to fly...

More may be added but we're all gonna be witness to part of the history of the Bear this year!

A TON of people and a TON of effort have gone into her to get her flyable after a MAJOR teardown and rebuild...

Clock's not done counting down,

Please Oh Air Race Gods, let us see a healthy Bear on the ramp come Monday race week!!!

Cudos (or is it, Kudos, I can never remember) to the crew for MANY VERY LONG DAYS/NIGHTS work to get her where she is today!!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Witness the spectacle puny humans!!

Comment

Even tho I'm a Mustang fan my congratulations to all invovled in getting the "Rare Bear" ready for Reno. The more competition the better.Some of the best racing have been between the Mustang & the Bearcat.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Congrats Bear crew for the hard work and the sucess you have had upto this point. Here is to the continued sucess!

P.S.

Can we get a pic or two of her up to this point now.... After all it has been on the news..

Comment

Now that the 'Bear-Cat' is out the hanger so to speak, on my next trip to the 'Bear Cave' I will take my camera and ask about taking a few photos to post. Also, in watching the news this morning...there is a chance that the plane will fly next week!! If I don't get out there before the week finishes, I'll make a special trip on Saturday or Sunday depending on how things go.

Lonnie

Comment

I watch KOLO news almost every night and every morning EXCEPT last night and this morning (at work too early). D*mn.
                      I'll be listening for that rumble in the sky!
                      Go Bear!
                      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Now I really can't wait for september!

Comment

I hardly ever get home in time to watch the evening news...and the 11PM news didn't really have all that much, but this mornings news showed more video and parts of the interview. Hard to imagine that they are so close after all the work that has been done. And they are hoping for a flight perhaps early next week!!

Originally posted by Leo
                          I watch KOLO news almost every night and every morning EXCEPT last night and this morning (at work too early). D*mn.
                          I'll be listening for that rumble in the sky!
                          Go Bear!

Comment

If you go to KOLO now it is on the hot topics... 2:53 minutes of Bear news...

Comment

I cannot get the station's web site to open -- get "gateway timeout". Any hints ? I'd really like to see Dave and the Bear...

Neal

Comment

Working...
                              X