Our first cover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first cover!

I'm both EXTREMELY happy and proud to announce that my work has made "cover" of an ink&paper publication! As of late, I've been submitting a lot of my "stuff" to the I&P's to help spread the word and, make a few bux in the process...

Publisher/editor, Wayman Dunlap, has a pretty darn good West Coast "Tabloid" going in "Pacific Flyer" and he's been more than generous lately in giving this "starving artist" a bit of space in his monthly pages..

Our latest effort, via Pacific Flyer's affliation with landings.com is located HERE..

We've got one more "fish" out there who has not reported back on what they are going to use for their story (if they use anything) and until we do know, we can't let anything else go on the site..

I took a ton of shots, however, and have some from Gary (builder) as well and as soon as we get the clearance/clarance, we'll have something more..

So.. enjoy the story, if you want to get what is really one of the best "local" West Coast publications, go to http://www.pacificflyer.com/ and subscribe for a while to see how this one will sit in your mailbox for a month or 12 to test er' out!

Or, drop by your local airport, as the publication normally sends a "courtesy" box or two to most west coast FBO's!

Promise, I won't break my arm tonight but, gotta tell ya' I'm pretty damn proud right now!

Thanks Wayman!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Our first cover!

Congrats Wayne. Well done.
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
      Congrats Wayne. Well done.
      Best part is, Gary is connected to our Salmon "Source" and WILL be at the "gathering" at Reno.....!!

Got any room in the "hangar of doom" for a few sleeping bags????

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        Best part is, Gary is connected to our Salmon "Source" and WILL be at the "gathering" at Reno.....!!

Got any room in the "hangar of doom" for a few sleeping bags????

Yeah, FishBoy gets around. Will those sleeping bags be occupied?
        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Yeah, FishBoy gets around. Will those sleeping bags be occupied?
          LOL... I just wish Gary could bring the "Baroness" to Reno for our enjoyment!!!

As of this moment, I've had a long held 10 day reservation at the "Extended Stay" that I am going to be able to relenquish to Mr. Gary and friends..

If, all else does not work, though... if you can handle a couple occupied down bags, it'd be very helpful in getting some good guys to RNO!!

(keeping in mind, a few years ago "fishboy" and I were bugging Gary on his cell phone in the middle of the night egging him on to bring his grandson to Reno... "it's Reno, he's only 5 years old.. he won't know the difference between Disneyland and here!") didn't work but was nice try!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It is good to see someone as nice as you getting something like this. I will see you at the races and buy you a beer if you sign the paper for me.
            JetWaste

Comment

Originally posted by jetwaste
              It is good to see someone as nice as you getting something like this. I will see you at the races and buy you a beer if you sign the paper for me.
              Ahhhh! You got it!!!!!!!!!!

I am still beaming yet tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne

Like I've always said "Your the BEST"

Seeyaontheramp
                Cap'n Scotty

Comment

Way to go Wayne!

Whoadude

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                    LOL... I just wish Gary could bring the "Baroness" to Reno for our enjoyment!!!

As of this moment, I've had a long held 10 day reservation at the "Extended Stay" that I am going to be able to relenquish to Mr. Gary and friends..

If, all else does not work, though... if you can handle a couple occupied down bags, it'd be very helpful in getting some good guys to RNO!!

(keeping in mind, a few years ago "fishboy" and I were bugging Gary on his cell phone in the middle of the night egging him on to bring his grandson to Reno... "it's Reno, he's only 5 years old.. he won't know the difference between Disneyland and here!") didn't work but was nice try!
                    As you know, we have the floor space, but it is not my final say. But I do have a fair amount of sway. I'll do a current headcount and get back to you. How many potentially would we have? PM me.
                    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Starting reading "Pacific Flyer" after my first flying lesson in 1987. Have been a subscriber ever since. Mr. Dunlap's take on all things aviation is both brilliant and refreshing. He writes most of the articles. Be sure to read his responses to the "Letters to the Editor". He is quite the wit.
                      I think he was the first (and only) to publish a "Swimsuit Edition" of an aviation magazine.
                      If I was asked to be a part of "Pacific Flyer", I would be very proud. Wayne, you done good....
                      ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

As you know, we have the floor space, but it is not my final say. But I do have a fair amount of sway. I'll do a current headcount and get back to you. How many potentially would we have? PM me.
                        Bill, as of now, I think, just Gary and his brother Rick.. but...

So I'm gonna say, two....

We're gonna make it happen, somehow, between you and I, Gary will be at Reno this year!!!

Last time he was there was '99 when he filled me with Vodka so I could deal with the MAII crew and my "mandatory" visit while they broke "camp"...

GaryT is one oda' reasons we keep doing this stuff!

I'm thinking, in the end, they will use my reservation at Extended Stay.. that will be PERFECT!

Hell... We'll prolly all be crashing your dad's Hangar floor on Wednesday night Thursday AM anyway ay??

Jussssssst....kidding... Warlock pary....

Jussstttt kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by a4gturn
                          Starting reading "Pacific Flyer" after my first flying lesson in 1987. Have been a subscriber ever since. Mr. Dunlap's take on all things aviation is both brilliant and refreshing. He writes most of the articles. Be sure to read his responses to the "Letters to the Editor". He is quite the wit.
                          I think he was the first (and only) to publish a "Swimsuit Edition" of an aviation magazine.
                          If I was asked to be a part of "Pacific Flyer", I would be very proud. Wayne, you done good....
                          LOL... I am VERY proud! Wayman is really a kick to work for.. when I submit stuff, I truly feel very "Jimmy Olsen" to his "Perry White"... He isn't really full of a lot of explanation of what he wants, it's one or two words!!!

That he gave me and Gary cover this issue is something I'll be forever endebted to him for!

I did, get some good shots, I'll pat myself a bit but the airplane is simply splendid and Gary T is just an aviation treasure. That Pacific Flyer was able to get him in an issue, and COVER at that is.. well, one of those magic moments.. that I.. was able to play a part in this...

I'm still giggling yet.. I ought to be getting ready for bed but.. I'm still giddy..

This is one of the best days of my life!

Not because I got cover but because someone who has been very influential in my life did, and I got to be a part of it.

Man-O-gimme tears-man...

It don't get any better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

One of these days you guys will have to ask Wayman Dunlap why "I" am a member of the "Order of the Red-Tailed Hawk". Good story...even if my a$$ still hurts from it.

Pacific Flyer was my first published magazine as well...Top of the fold, front page of the Reno-Preview issue in 1985.

Comment

Good job Wayne!

I'm currently keeping notes/taking photos of my deployment for publication in our Quarterly National Guard magazine. If it works out, I'm thinking of trying to do it in the commercial sector, too!

One of my questions - how does a magazine like Pacific Flyer pay you for the article. do you get so much per word / published photo, or is it a flat rate? Do you have to negotiate a fee up front, or do you submit it and let them set a price prior to publication?

I've really been motivated by this trip to even take a first year level journalism class at UNR if I can work it into my schedule. Do you think this would be a better idea tha a creative writing class?

Once again, kudo's on your success!

Comment

Working...
                              X