SEAPLANE AVIATION PHOTOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEAPLANE AVIATION PHOTOS

Hey Wayne - I was glad to see you had a good time shooting Vancouver's hard-working commercial seaplanes during your not too long ago visit across the border to B.C. & I for one enjoyed seeing those wet & wild photos you posted. Seaplane aviation doesn't quite get the attention it deserves and hope more folks get a chance to go water flying and photographing water birds in action. Here in Alaska, we rely on them every day in a big way.

For anyone interested, I've recently listed a good selection of my seaplane aviation photos on eBay (seller name: dondi7) Looking's free! Here's the link to view some historical seaplane shots:

Enjoy! DBD

Re: SEAPLANE AVIATION PHOTOS

Originally posted by BuckyD
    Hey Wayne - I was glad to see you had a good time shooting Vancouver's hard-working commercial seaplanes during your not too long ago visit across the border to B.C. & I for one enjoyed seeing those wet & wild photos you posted. Seaplane aviation doesn't quite get the attention it deserves and hope more folks get a chance to go water flying and photographing water birds in action. Here in Alaska, we rely on them every day in a big way.

For anyone interested, I've recently listed a good selection of my seaplane aviation photos on eBay (seller name: dondi7) Looking's free! Here's the link to view some historical seaplane shots:

Enjoy! DBD

My dad was A&P on that waterfront for over twenty years. He worked for Tyee from the beginning when thet were Ellis Airlines. I was a dock brat at Tyee many summers. Then I guided at Yes Bay when the Hack family sold out their share of Tyee and bought the lodge.
    You would'nt by chance have any pictures of the beaver 87 Charlie? My dad created that plane out of a pile of parts.

great pics, I'm bidding on one of them

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve - Yes I do have lots of pics of 87C. Stan Hixon your dad? Knew him back in the late 70s thru the 80s down at Tyee & all the rest of the old gang. He was great to hangar fly with, and had a good sense of humor. Many cool aviation folks and a few are still around doing the same thing today. I run parts & purchasing for Promech Air since 2000 and did same for the original Taquan Air from 1995-2000. Keepin' em flying. Leave me your email via the board's private messages & I'll write more. Thanks for your eBay interest - much appreciated!

Don 'Bucky' Dawson

Comment

Yes Stan Hixson was my dad. He loved keeping those old planes running. Small world or what!

pm sent

Steve Hixson

Comment

Working...
        X