Out On A Limb - Reno 2007 Precictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out On A Limb - Reno 2007 Precictions

OK Boys and Girls.. In past years, we've sometimes had sort of a "point-counter point" column whereby one contributor would post his or her predictions for the year... the other contributor would either agree (two thumbs up) or, disagree.......

I think it'd be fun to throw it out to you guys... Who's gonna do what? All classes fair game..
    • Will John Parker Blue Smoke the Competition?
    • Will Skip leave everyone in his NXTdust?
    • Are the wags correct about Tiger and Stock in same sentence?
    • Will the Bear fly?
    • Will Mike brown complete every lap over 500mph??
    • Who will be top qualifier?

I'm gonna keep my thoughts to myself for a while... At least until I'm not watching the clock, just about to be late for a very important date!!!

So, the gauntlet has been thrown, who's gonna pick it up and throw out their predictions?

Comon AAFO'ERS.. climb out on that limb, let us know who you think's gonna have all the flash and walk with the most cash!!!!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Out On A Limb - Reno 2007 Precictions

Will John Parker Blue Smoke the Competition?
    If the superchargers live. (I hope so )

Will Skip leave everyone in his NXTdust?
    He won't fly it, and it won't win.

Are the wags correct about Tiger and Stock in same sentence?
    Yes

Will the Bear fly?
    Fly yes...race? ....maybe

Will Mike brown complete every lap over 500mph??
    No, he won't have to push that hard to win

Who will be top qualifier?
    Unlimiteds: Sept Fury
    T-6: Warlock
    Sport: Race 33
    F1: Mariah
    Bipe: Phantom

Comment

Will John Parker Blue Smoke the Competition?
      I dont think so

Will Skip leave everyone in his NXTdust?
      #42 will be the NXT to watch this year

Are the wags correct about Tiger and Stock in same sentence?
      Tiger will fly the "stocker" for quals... blow it up. Look for the "back-up" race engine install on Wednesday.

Will the Bear fly?
      Yes

Will Mike brown complete every lap over 500mph??
      Only half the laps... BB1 doesn't go that fast.

Who will be top qualifier?
      Race #232 @ 487mph
      Sky Critter

Comment

John Crocker will pass Steve Hinton on the last lap to take the unlimited gold......

'07 ?? oh, I though you meant '77
        the other Wayne................

Comment

Originally posted by GWB
          John Crocker will pass Steve Hinton on the last lap to take the unlimited gold......

'07 ?? oh, I though you meant '77
          Uhhh.....that was '79.... Darryl flew RB in '77....
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

i saw something in the Avation classics hanger ?

Comment

Biased here given I have been a bear fan forever, but here it goes.......77 flys, improves over the week, and gives Pops a run for its money, but just comes up short. Lots of Stangs blow their engines, Dreadnought does the usual steady gets you 3rd routine but looks dang good doing it as always.

Oh, and everyone is as friendly as they always have been, taking time to talk and discuss the sport. Last year was the first time truely out for my son, and he got to experience the same things i did when i was 10........

Comment

Jets...1 through 3 plus maybe 4 & 5
                Attached Files

Comment

Fury at 485, Czech Mate at 455 with Dreadnought and Strega right there. The Bear makes ramp passes for the fans and Dasher wins the silver.

Comment

Dasher wins the silver.
                    Oh now that is s t r e c h i n g it

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
                      i saw something in the Avation classics hanger ?
                      Shawn.. PM me.. I may need to tap you for a special project...

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Bear is healthy and flies, strega has race motor and doesn't blow, Sep Fury pushes 500 every lap , but none of them can keep up with the Ghost!!!!

Comment

Voodoo - Qual 462, and run 465 on Sun, in position to win by pushing the field.

Comment

Guess it is time for me to step out onto that overly stressed limb and say, Ken you kill me man. Now here is a guy who can think up some great fiction. I really love the part about Dasher winning the silver. I had to pick myself up off the floor on that one. Thanks.

The Unlimited Class races will be a yawner like last year was. With only two 470+ MPH racers in the field, we have a repeat of last year. We will have to see if Mikey's clipped wing wonder will be able to put him in the winners circle again. Deep pockets may prevail again this year, but I am throwing my hat into race 77 ring, and going with the talented piloting skills of John Penny. The new ownership and talent on the team will keep the rich history of race #77 alive and well for some years to come. How about this thou, the two round engine bohemoths brake while battling each other and Bob Button passes them, waving enthusiastically as he pilots Voodoo to the winners circle. Now that is the stuff of great fiction! But, it could actually happen, and I would love nothing better than to see Bob's smilling face in the winners circle. Talk about perserverence, Bob could have pulled up stakes years ago with all the bad happens with that racer. But he comes back year after year, and with a smile on his face too. He displays the attitude of the good old days of racing. He simply wants to race his aircraft and have fun doing so. The REAL serious racing will take place in the back of the field of the Gold Race, with stiff competition for 4, 5, 6, 7 place. These racers back there are all pretty evenly matched, with 10-12 MPH seperating them all. This is the group to watch during the race.

The Jet Class will see the T-33 winning it all, but the limit of 525 MPH put on the racers from RARA and FAA will make it interesting for the top two qualifiers.

Kevin Eldredge will win the Sport Class with his Relentless NXT racer. On a mere 500Hp, he will average 367 MPH and pilot his stunning racer to victory.
                            Thats all I got for now.

Dave

Comment

Mikey's "clipped wing" racer???
                              "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Working...
                              X