DoubleThreat Sighted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoubleThreat Sighted!

Planes are incoming for Hillsboro Air Show this weekend... I was out side my house this morning and Saw a Twin mustang in Sanihut Blue racing paint!

Re: DoubleThreat Sighted!

There is one plane out there that you should go take a look at. It is a beautiful Skyraider,with a new paint job. Really ba-a-ad looking.Belongs to Anders' museum up at Bellingham. There should be a few more Warbirds coming from Cascade Warbirds, Sq.2 out of Seattle.
    Betty

Comment

Whoa dude. Ya wanna pass that this way?
      I could use a hit.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Is there even any examples of the F-82 twin stang still flying???
        "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Someone is restoring an F-82, but I don't remember who. I personally would love to see the MAAM Black Widow round the course with Big Bossman when it's finished.

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub
            Is there even any examples of the F-82 twin stang still flying???
            Doesn't look like it. Check this link:

Of course, that info looks like it is about 3 years old, so who knows?

Where's Sani-Hut when you need him, anyway?
            Mark Johnson
            Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

I was told Sani Hut named the Twin Mustang after a famous race horse called "Hoof Hearted". B

Comment

When I went into the Air Force in 1982, there was an F-82e on static display on the parade grounds at Lackland AFB in San Antonio Texas. I remember looking at that aircraft and thinking how cool it would be to see one fly. That was the one and only time I got to see one in person. What a cool airplane!
                Attached Files

Comment

There was one that was in the Harras Auto museum long.... long....long ago.

As I understand it, it was on "loan" and sat out side for all to see.
                  I did some resurch on it some time ago, and I found that it was dismantled, and sent to Texes for restor. There were even a few pics of it on the flatbed trailer.
                  Wat has happend to it sence then, I have no idea. That is as far as I could dig before I hit the wall.

Not many people remember seeing it in the museum. In fact I may be the only one on in the forum that remembers it there .

Comment

I don't remember an F-82 there, but I do remember a P-38 that was sitting outside. It was right next to the carport between the buildings. This was in about 1972-73 and I was 8-9 years old. I sure miss the original Harrahs auto museum.....

Comment

The 82 sat next to the 38, just to the right side as you walk out the door from the first building.

That old museum was awsome! I miss it as well. It is a real shame they sold off all those cars.

Comment

I feel very lucky to have seen all three of those on the link. I remember seeing the CAF F-82 fly back at thier big show in Harlingen, Tx back in the 70's. Still have some aweomse pics. They put on quite a show back then.

Tom

Comment

A few nights ago on AMC there was a movie "The Top of the World". I only saw the first part of it........The crew of a C-47 had to bail out in Alaska and the local Air Force Base sent out a rescue plane......which was a C-190-195 on ski's. Anyway, when they pushed the Cessna out of the hangar, in the background, on the ramp sat a couple of P-82's......thought that was pretty cool. If anyone knows when this movie will be on again, let me know....would like to see it.
                          Brian

Comment

Tom,

Great to see you posting here and VERY fitting that it is on a P-82 thread! I sent you a PM.

Either Tom or I may have to finally post a hitherto unpublished double threat photo...stay tuned.

Lowell

Comment

OMG... somebody keep an eye on GriffonGirl.....

werd just in... DT is about to debut as a Double Griffon re-engined P-38....

Stay tuned!!

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X