Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiletto

Hey all

I'm looking for Stiletto pics in the Color Tile scheme. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    Red
    chanting...400+

Re: Stiletto

Would these help:

(Courtesy of Warren)

Paul

Comment

i might have some hafe to look Shawn

Comment

I believe I have others (on slide again), can check and see what I have.

Is there a particular view/angle you are looking for?

Thanks for the photo credit Apteryx

Warren

Comment

Thanks Guys!

That was my favorite version of that plane. Possibly one showing the logo on the botoom of the wing?
          Red
          chanting...400+

Comment

Here's something a little different you might like. It's the Color Tile ad out of the 1986 air race program
            Attached Files
            Last edited by t-dub; 08-10-2007, 09:29 AM.
            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Thanks T-dub

I'll look in my program
              Red
              chanting...400+

Comment

Looking at those pictures of Stiletto gives me kind of a home-sick feeling. 1986 was our first year at Reno.

Didn't Rare Bear finish 4th or 5th that year in the gold with Strega 3rd., Dread & Furious 1st and 2nd, or was it Super Corsair 2nd?..it's been a long time but seems like only a few years ago.

Comment

What exactly ever happened to the "Alan Preston Racing Team"?
                  _________
                  -Matt
                  Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by John
                    Looking at those pictures of Stiletto gives me kind of a home-sick feeling. 1986 was our first year at Reno.

Didn't Rare Bear finish 4th or 5th that year in the gold with Strega 3rd., Dread & Furious 1st and 2nd, or was it Super Corsair 2nd?..it's been a long time but seems like only a few years ago.

The Super Corsair didn't race in 1986. They had engine troubles and did not qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Red
                      Hey all

I'm looking for Stiletto pics in the Color Tile scheme. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

The most important component of the 'Color Tile' paint scheme was the small caricature of Skip just below and in front of the cockpit on the left hand side of the fuselage. It had Skip in an orange flight suit, wearing a cowboy hat, with a smoking .45 in one hand (labelled Reno '84), and his other hand on the .45 in the holster (labelled Reno '86) and the words Pilot: Skip "Hired Gun" Holm" underneath.

Comment

Yeah I remember getting a chuckle out of that Anyone got a shot?
                        Red
                        chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                          The most important component of the 'Color Tile' paint scheme was the small caricature of Skip just below and in front of the cockpit on the left hand side of the fuselage. It had Skip in an orange flight suit, wearing a cowboy hat, with a smoking .45 in one hand (labelled Reno '84), and his other hand on the .45 in the holster (labelled Reno '86) and the words Pilot: Skip "Hired Gun" Holm" underneath.
                          And would that have been painted by the same guy that did the 'Prospector' on the Precious Metal engine cowling?

Just curious Brad....
                          Mark Johnson
                          Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Here are a few color tile shots I found in the internet and saved. This pics are from the Warbird Aero press site And Pylon 1 by Chuck Aro. I have saved quite a few pictures of the Stiletto as it has been my favorite Unlimited.
                            Juan
                            Attached Files

Comment

Juan,

You may not have read the website rules for posting of images. Warbird Aero Press has made it abundantly clear in the past that posting of their images here is verboten..

Posting of ANYONE's images here without their express permission is verboten...

I left one of the shots, as it was from the old Pylon 1 site and we have very good relationship with Mark Kallio and the photo I left has Chuck Aero as the phtographer credit and through Shawn, we've shared many photos so I suspect, there would be no issue with this one...

Please respect copyright at all times!

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X