John Paul First Flight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Paul First Flight...

No, not the P-51C -- sorry! I'm heading down to Nampa Idaho for the Warhawk Museum's B-25 Weekend. I wanted to bring some presents, so I scanned some old slides of the first flight of John Paul's P-40N. More pictures at

Re: John Paul First Flight...

Originally posted by wingman
    No, not the P-51C -- sorry! I'm heading down to Nampa Idaho for the Warhawk Museum's B-25 Weekend. I wanted to bring some presents, so I scanned some old slides of the first flight of John Paul's P-40N. More pictures at

Neal great pictures of the P-40, but look at the eyes on Bob, even when he was just going flying the eagle eye was working. Ken Burnstine told my dad once that Bob used to work him over with the evil eye if he was coming down the chute next to him. Psyched out! Kenny said he was going to get a mirror plated hard hat visor, so that when Bob tried to psych him out he would get himself. Bob Love is one of the top five all time great Unlimited pilots. Nice to see a guy with a Mustang that had stars on the canopy rail that were earned the old fashioned way.
    John Slack

Comment

Hi John -- I'd forgotten I had this shot of Bob, as it was filed with John Paul and the P-40 stuff. You are right -- it is a special look at a very special man...

Comment

Wow...neat..cool stuff...Thanks for sharing...rb

Comment

Wasnt that the P-40 that him and Max Hoffman were trying to make a trade? Shawn

Comment

Thanks -- it's fun for me too...

Comment

Shawn -- Not as far as I know -- I think John built it to be a keeper. It's the one they still fly.

Comment

ok thats not the one shawn

Comment

That is a nice plane thanks for the pictures of it and of Bob as well. I love a P-40.

Comment

Really cool to see those old pictures Neil!!!! Brings back lots of memories of the Livermore days. Thanks for posting... can't wait to see more.
                    Hope you and your woman are doing well!

Cheers!

Jim and Nicole

Comment

Working...
                    X