OT: RC Shuttle Orbiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: RC Shuttle Orbiter

OK, totally OT but I know we have a lot of STS fans here. I think this thing is awesome, but I wouldn't want to be the first person to fly it.

_________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Re: OT: RC Shuttle Orbiter

Speaking of the Shuttle 6:36pm today

Oh and that model is killer thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah
      Speaking of the Shuttle 6:36pm today
      Yeah I thought it was appropriate. Did you see how low-time Endeavor is?? Only about 20 flights on her, and they say she's in better-than-new shape!
      _________
      -Matt
      Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Spring chicken just getting broken in.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago at LDRS26 (Large and Dangerous Rocketships) in Jean, Nevada, there was a prototype of a Shuttle model that launches on rocket engines in the boosters (which return on parachutes) as the Orbiter is flown down under radio control. (it can also be built in a version where all the portions return to earth under parachutes, for folks with no R/C abilities.From the information on the table next to it, they intend to make a kit version of it available.

The overall model was about 6 feet tall, and fairly highly detailed. I believe the people behind it are the same ones that scratch-built a flying version a few years ago. That one sometimes is displayed in front of What's Up Hobbies vendor booth at some launches in California. This prototype was also in front of their booth.

I believe this current one may have been launched on Monday after I had left to get back to California and work....I think there were photos at www.ldrs26.org .

Comment

Working...
          X