• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RENO weather

Tonight i got in the 70 and very breezzy but was still nice shawn

Re: RENO weather

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
    Tonight i got in the 70 and very breezzy but was still nice shawn
    Very breezy..... NO, that never happens in Reno.
    Jason Schillereff

Comment

maybe snow in sep

Comment

Thats better then the 76 with 98% humidity and dead calm, we had last night.

Spose to hit 98 today and 99 tomarrow with 90%+ humidity... gonna be nasty out there....

Comment

heh DC is only 4 hrs north of me... you will get the heat and humidity....

Comment

Breezy?
            Just over the hill to the west (Cold Springs) we had a dust devil come thru Saturday afternoon. After destroying all the privacy fences around my pool, scattering every potted plant to the corners of the yard, it picked up a 14' dia. trampoline. Tore the stakes out of the ground, lifted it about 75' into the air and dropped it into another yard about 250 yards away. Totally destroyed it! Strangely (and VERY luckily) it went straight up, and straight down. Landed between campers and cars in the neighbors yard (2 houses away) and caused no other damage. It missed cars, boats, RV's, houses, kids, etc.
            Took 5 of us to carry the wreckage back, it weighed about 500 pounds!
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

oh my

Comment

Was quite the experience. The neighborhood will talk about it for years!. Except for the one grouch who's still p.o.'d that I "let it happen".
                Thing was held down with 4 screw in stakes AND tied to concrete blocks.
                Has'nt moved an inch in 3 years till now.
                Just glad the dog was'nt out there! It also tore a 8" diameter street tree out of the ground next door.
                Cooling here this week, let's hope for a rainlees, snowless, warm not unbearably hot September!
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

As long as it isn't 90+ or below 60, I will be happy

Comment

But, 90+ means "screamin' mimi" unlimiteds!!!

Dasher might get a little toasty under Ruby's canopy... ( unless THAT is what the other wing is for.....)
                    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Dasher? Toasty? hummmmmmmmmmm
                      Remember the hot night when...................?

Comment

...... she bent over the bbq to.............

Comment

HUMM tempting, but I wont go there....

Comment

dats in the other thread

Comment

Leo said,"let's hope for a rainlees, snowless, warm not unbearably hot September!" That's kinda askin' for a lot Leo! You know how Reno can be!Of course the recent years have been pretty good to us (last ten or so...) I remember back in the seventies it seemed like it was cold, snowy, or rainy every year!!! I remember one year, musta been '74-'75, it was a cold and nasty Sunday. My Dad and I were sitting in his car outside the fence at the end of the grandstands (where the fire bombers are now) watching the races because we couldn't afford to pay to get in. The unlimited silver race took off, and then down came the snow. The silver race was brought back down, and visibility was so bad that you couldn't see the home pylon. Everybody started getting up and going home, so my Dad says, "lets go see if we can walk in" So we go walking right in, sit down at show center in the empty grandstands (there were no reserved seats back then) and waited to see if the weather would improve. Sure enough, in typical Reno fashion, about 20 minutes later the clouds part, the sun comes out, and the show resumes! As a bonus, while I'm sittin' there, I look down through the grandstand and spot a bag of unopened potato chips! Of course this is heaven for a 10 year old kid, and we watched the remainder of the races and had a snack in the grandstands for FREE! One of my favorite memories.....
                              "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
                              X